PDA

View Full Version : Mental Ray complets, no files created???

Big Piece of Chunk
06-01-2007, 02:37 PM
Hello I have had this problem which almost drives me insane.

Im trying to batchrender in Mental ray the script editor tells me the renderer is complete, however there are no files created.

I have had this problem on 2 computers now. What am I doing wrong....

// Result: saving temporary file C:/Documents and Settings/Johan Laurent/My Documents/maya/projects/default/scenes/discoball__3996.mb //
// Result: Rendering with mental ray... //

// Result: Rendering Completed. See mayaRenderLog.txt for information. //

I have tried 2 different maya scenes on 2 different machines (both dual core though)
But I tend to receive the same problem.

stylEmon
06-01-2007, 08:44 PM
do you have your project set to the correct directory?

take a look at the render log and see if there is an error writing the file.

look here Local Settings\Temp in a file called raylib.log

Big Piece of Chunk
06-04-2007, 06:46 AM
Tanx I will have a look at it when I get back to work.

Does it matter if you have set the project setting somwhere ells from where you render to or do you mean I have set the project on an unwriteble directory

stylEmon
06-04-2007, 04:05 PM
maybe the file is saving in another directory, and you arent looking for it there...?

My bet is, there is some type of write error, so check the log.

Big Piece of Chunk
06-05-2007, 09:39 AM
In the maya RenderLog.txt I got this message:

Error: (mental ray) : cannot load
C:/Program Files/Autodesk/Maya8.5/mentalray/lib/mi_openexr.dll,
The specified module could not be found.
Error: (Mayatomr.Export) : mental ray startup failed with errors

Seems the mi_openexr.dll cannot be loaded (however I have no idea what this file does or what it is . Please need some expertize handed to me.

.....................................................................................................................
((Another question in the log it says :mental ray: got 8 satellite CPUs.
Does this mean I can batch render using 8 threads. Or could I leave it on Autorende Threads.
Some people saying its a bug in maya 8.0 that you have to specefy the number of threads manually. Or is this only a bug in maya 8.0 and its fixed in 8.5 ))

Big Piece of Chunk
06-05-2007, 11:47 AM
Ahrg I found how to fix it ananother webpage......Tnx StylEmon for the help..

U need to Download specifik dll files from http://www.dll-files.com and paste them in the system32 folder.

files to download.

msvcr70.dll
msvcr71.dll
msvcp71.dll

copy them to the WINDOWS\system32 folder and it should work.

However If you are running on a mac and having the same problem what files should you down load then and where to past them.

stylEmon
06-05-2007, 05:28 PM
I've never seen that error. Maybe copy your main elements into a new scene. Don't just marque select, but shift select the objects, as not to copy over some null objuct.

Big Piece of Chunk
06-07-2007, 06:40 AM
It seemed strange since I could render another scene with mental ray without having to copy over the dll files on the same computer 2 days before the problem accured.
(so its seems receneble someting was wrong with the scene)
hopefully this wont happen on mac...:)

CGTalk Moderation
06-07-2007, 06:40 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.