PDA

View Full Version : motionbuilder & LightWave?

sinbad
03-17-2003, 12:37 PM
Hi folks, does anyone recommend Motionbuilder and LightWave as a combination? I've been using LW for 2 years, and find the rigging and weighting process sometimes very painful. I'm thinking of getting Messiah-Animate, but motionbuilder's 1 year PLE deal is very enticing and Messiah is dependant on bone-driven setups only (no point-weighting).

I just want to simplify the rigging process so I can get on with the animation.

suggestions anyone?

Michel Besner
03-17-2003, 03:05 PM
We have many clients very happy with the MB-LW combinaison. And like you said, the $100 PE offer is hard to resist.

PS : between August 1st and December 31st, you will have the opportunity to convert the 1 year license to a permanent license for another $100 ... makes it even harder to resist !

M.

roguenroll
03-25-2003, 08:31 PM
I'm definatley thinking about that deal!!!!:eek:

3DDave
04-21-2003, 07:16 PM
So far my experience with Motion Builder 4.02 and Lightwave 7.5B have been positive. The only issue I see is that MB states that the model needs to be facing positive Z (to characterize), however if you do that the FBX export changes it to face negative Z. Building the model facing negative Z in LW results in the model showing up in Motion Builder facing positive Z.

Miyazaki
04-24-2003, 11:50 PM
Originally posted by Michel Besner
[B
PS : between August 1st and December 31st, you will have the opportunity to convert the 1 year license to a permanent license for another $100 ... makes it even harder to resist !

M. [/B]
It`s a joke, isn`t it?? A full featured 3.500$ software for just 200$ ???
Where`s the rub? Ok, non commercial use,that's as plain as the nose on your face.
Can I get it in Europe? Plz tell me.. :eek: :drool:

Michel Besner
04-25-2003, 12:16 AM
Just buy it at www.kaydarastore.com ...

PS : for 200$, you will get a base version that has some missing features from the full package. Most of these features are mainly used by high-end studios (mocap cleanup tools, SDK, etc) and should not affect your use of MB as a freelancer or hobbyist.

M.

Miyazaki
04-25-2003, 03:45 AM
That`s damn cool, thx for the fast reply :bounce: :buttrock: :airguitar
Let`s say I would convert the 1 year license to a permanent license for another $100, am I qualified for updates?

Michel Besner
04-25-2003, 12:18 PM
Absolutely, everybody that will convert to the permanent license for $100 will be able to upgrade to future versions. The cost should be around $250 for each new major version while minor upgrades (fixes) will be free of charge.

M.

lildragon
04-25-2003, 12:25 PM
Michel I must say you guys rock. That's quite an impressive offer, making me second guess using my app for animating now ;)

Good stuff :thumbsup:

salud

Michel Besner
04-25-2003, 12:30 PM
Thanks !

pass along to info to all you friends. The promotion will end July 31st !!

Don't forget that for the initial $100, you get the PRINTED BOOKS ...

M.

Miyazaki
04-25-2003, 04:40 PM
Absolutely, everybody that will convert to the permanent license for $100 will be able to upgrade to future versions. The cost should be around $250 for each new major version while minor upgrades (fixes) will be free of charge.

M.
Indeed you guys rock :buttrock:
The promotion will end July 31st, but the 'update' to the permanent license ends December 31st, right ?!?!
Ok, is shipping to Germany possible? And how much is it in (value tax included). Thx
:wavey:

Michel Besner
04-25-2003, 05:11 PM
Yes, the upgrade special ends December 31st
Yes, we ship in Germany
I do no have details about taxes ...

M.

Mahlon
04-25-2003, 07:52 PM
After a few weeks looking into it, I've decided to go for it. I can't let an offer like that pass, and the program looks pretty great. From what I've seen it seems straightforward to pick up so hopefully, not too much time in the button learning curve. Will be using it with 3ds max, but will post here on progress and learning.

Mahlon Bouldin :beer:

private
05-07-2003, 12:21 PM
Ok, found this thread via my other thread. What happens if I find everything I need from my $100 initial investment. Does the software lock up after a year, ergo the incentive to drop the next $100? I'm still in the process of adding this software in the future, and I'm watching the 3dbuzz VTMs in order to help me decide. Thanks.

Michel Besner
05-07-2003, 02:24 PM
Yes,

If you did not upgrade to a permanent license, your license will expire after 1 year.

M.

RobPowers
06-04-2003, 10:34 AM
Michel,
Could you be more specific about what is actually not included with the base version? Does that mean that the base version will have no mocap cleanup tools included? Or they are just limited compared to the full version? What is the "etc" that you mention? Just very curious about the specifics. Seems like a great product and a great deal! I've already ordered my copy from 3Dbuzz. Thanks.

Rob Powers.

Just buy it at www.kaydarastore.com ...

PS : for 200$, you will get a base version that has some missing features from the full package. Most of these features are mainly used by high-end studios (mocap cleanup tools, SDK, etc) and should not affect your use of MB as a freelancer or hobbyist.

M.

Cman
06-05-2003, 07:23 PM
subscribe

RobPowers
06-05-2003, 08:15 PM
Subscribe to what?

Cman
06-05-2003, 08:45 PM
:)
Just subscribing to the thread.
I have nothing to add, but hoping to read M. Besner's response to your query...

Michel Besner
06-06-2003, 11:58 AM
We will give all the details on the feature differences between the Standard (base) and Professional Editions very soon.

Trust me, at $995 the Standard Edition will be a killer and unless you are a big studio, you won't miss a single feature from the Professional Edition.

M.

Miyazaki
06-06-2003, 01:53 PM
Standard Edition??? Is it the same(feature wise) as the FreelancerE/PE ? I´m a bit confused :insane:
Edit:
Ok, I think I`ve got it.

By the way, MB rocks the hut :buttrock:

CGTalk Moderation
01-14-2006, 05:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.