PDA

View Full Version : problem with selecting and autoextrude. BUG? howtofix?

FreakyDude
06-01-2007, 12:46 PM
FIDDLESTICKS!!
Something weird happened lately, got this great new videocard at work, so I can now move complex things and edit them without slowdown, (had a crappy onbaord intel thing before)

Everything works fine at first.
SO I fire up a new scene, with a cube, add and then apply a lvl2 subsurf, then multires thehell out of it to see how far I could go. Blender hangs. I close it using the console thing.
No problem.
I go into edit mode, start selecting using ctrl lmb drag... HEEEEY!
I keep adding points/autoextruding? this is only supossed to happen when I click briefly, not when I make a complex lasso shape first!

Since then I've reinstalled blender, but the problem stays, I cannot select things without creating/extruding things allready in the selection.

ANYone with some ideas?

Note, i have no python installed on this system, but the same 2.44 worked like a charm before. It's not the card because i briefly had the same new card I have now which only had a lot less memory as the only difference. Same brand/model/vendor. only different mems. It's an Nvidia

Anyone knows what's wrong here?

FreakyDude
06-01-2007, 12:55 PM
It seems to be something related to the sensitivity of the tablet. I don't use a mouse in blender. At work I have one with a mmb that borks everything up, in any app (it's a microsoft)
so this is rather a big deal to me. can I reset this somehow? it is only distotred in blender AFAIK.....

CGTalk Moderation
06-01-2007, 12:55 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.