PDA

View Full Version : mental ray contour shader

thematt
06-01-2007, 12:38 AM
Anybody know how to use the contour shader, I don't mean the contour shader in the renderglobal but I need more control, so i thought I could use mental ray contour shaders.
The problem is that as usual the help is just not helping on that.I wonder when they will decide to give us a decent help with exemple with mental ray, we're waisting so much time figuiring out all that.

Anyway I'm looking on a way to have for exemple the shader contour active on certain object but not on other.If I do it with the render global it's active on everything.
any help on how to setup the contour shaders and how to aplly it would be very valuable.

thanks

cheers

bwheels02
06-01-2007, 06:41 PM
You should try and get your hands on a copy of Autodesk's Official Learing tools "Mental Ray Concepts". There is an entire section on Metal Ray Contours, full video examples and explanation. It might not have the exact answer you are looking for, but its very helpful. Good luck. :)

thematt
06-01-2007, 07:30 PM
ok thanks for the info, will try to find that.
But in the meantime, can anybody explain how I can have on the same object, the outline at a certain width, and the intersection line at an other for exemple? just to start me going with the contour shader, it seems that whenever I used any of the mental ray shader for contour they simply produce no effect. I'm missing something obvious here I know but can seem to be able to sort that out.

cheers

CGTalk Moderation
06-01-2007, 07:30 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.