PDA

View Full Version : Two slider controls, Rough and Fine

barrymcw
05-31-2007, 09:00 PM
Hi,
I am trying to build a GUI for a camera rig.

So far I've created a slider for each of the X, Y and Z rotates. Sample slider looks like

attrFieldSliderGrp -label "Roll - Rough" -min -45 -max 45
-cw 1 95
-at"Camera_Parent_Node|XYZ_Trans|YRotate_Pan|XRotate_Tilt|ZRotate_Roll.rotateZ";

This works just fine and all but now I'd like to add a second slider, one that would fine-tune the first. It would allow me to add/subtract 5-10 degrees to the value created by the first slider.

So, can I create something to query the current value of the property (rotate.Z in this case), add/subtract from it and then return a new value?

Or, do I need to create a brand-new variable, $ZRotate_Total for example, that I'd define as the product of two other new variables, $ZRotate_Rough and $ZRotate_Fine?

If I do that, I could use the script above for my Rough variable and then a very similar script but min-maxed much smaller for my Fine variable.

But I'm very new to scripting and maybe I'm totally missing something. If anyone has any ideas/suggestions, I'd love to hear them. And, if I'm not asking too much, I'd love to hear the reasoning behind any suggestions. I don't want someone to hand me a script so much as point me in the right direction.

Thanks very much.

CGTalk Moderation
05-31-2007, 09:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.