PDA

View Full Version : URGENT HELP!?!- Video problem in AE 7 pro

coldside-digital
05-31-2007, 08:27 PM
I am working on a project atm. When it comes to rendering out the footage, it doesn't render with SOUND. I do have the export audio button checked, but when playing back, no sound. But i'm not entirely sure it is a rendering related issue. In the project bin (where all the clips and such are), I click on the raw, undeited footage and it shows it has audio, but when I click on the compisition where I have used it, it shows no audio. When I try to expand the video in the timeline to show the waveform, After Effects freezes.

My computer is a Dell Inspiron 6400- Intel Core 2 CPU with 1GB of ram, Running Windows XP Professional SP2 and Adobe After Effects 7.0 Pro. I have never expirenced problems likee this before now, and unfortunatley the project is due to be completed in about 4 days, so any help is appreciated, and fast.

Thank you in advanced,

Daniel Dye

trancor
05-31-2007, 08:47 PM
AE takes a while to generate the wave form, are you sure it actually crashed and it's just not proccessing? And yes I realize you have core 2 and the 1 gig of ram.

Does audio play when you do a ram preview?

coldside-digital
05-31-2007, 08:51 PM
Well i had left it for half an hour, and still nothing, so not sure. And no, audio doesn't play during RAM preview.

Daniel

trancor
05-31-2007, 08:54 PM
Well aint that a sticky wigget, prehaps it's an audio codec problem, am I safe to asume that the audio is in the movie clip? I've had problems in the past where videos wont play in ae simply because of the codec but would work in vlc or media player classic because of the built-ins. Maybe try reinstalling what ever the audio codec is and try it again?

trancor
05-31-2007, 08:57 PM
And if it's not audio from a movie itself, try converting it in a audio program. Ahh good old windows sound recorder, just load up the audio save it in pcm or what ever would be good for a wav format and throw it back in there, might work then. If it's an odd format like mp4 or m4a or acc or flac or something, load it up in winamp or what ever if you don't have a real audio editing program and do an output of the audio to file.

mackdadd
05-31-2007, 08:59 PM
AE notoriously has problems with alot of audio. My advice would be to do whatever you want to the audio in another program, like Audition or Pro Tools or whatever, and bring in a freshly rendered windows WAV file to render with your visuals.
at the very least, use whatever audio program you use to rip the audio from the original video and re-render it as an uncompressed WAV. On your timeline in AE, make sure you turn OFF the little speaker icon on your footage layer, and drop the audio into the timeline.

Adobe is aware of AE's mishandling of audio.

coldside-digital
05-31-2007, 09:07 PM
i've already edited the video and dont have the time to edit the audio to match up

The audio is in the video itself, but the codec is uncompressed audio and the video is video for windows.... so don't know whats going on. The thing that bothers me is this:

original clip- audio
http://img107.imageshack.us/img107/7093/1audioen5.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

composition- no audio
http://img107.imageshack.us/img107/4264/2noaudiolj8.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

Mylenium
06-01-2007, 05:19 AM
i've already edited the video and dont have the time to edit the audio to match up

The audio is in the video itself, but the codec is uncompressed audio and the video is video for windows.... so don't know whats going on. The thing that bothers me is this:

original clip- audio

composition- no audio

Like the others said - rip the audio from the file. It's your safest bet and pretty much your only chance to salvage your situation. (Who uses MS DV, anyway? *creepy shivers*). Compositions never give any indication whether they contain audio in the project window. You have to open them to find out. The one thing the others have not yet mentioned: When you do rip the audio, make sure it matches your soundcard settings. Your delay (or crash) comes from a mismatch of the audio in the file and your sound settings on the system. AE may not even be able to properly decode it, let alone generate an audio preview. Well, AE is crap at sound, but the others told you that already.... *lol*

Mylenium

coldside-digital
06-01-2007, 05:00 PM
Thanks, I will try your suggestions.

Daniel

CGTalk Moderation
06-01-2007, 05:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.