PDA

View Full Version : 3ds Max & ZBrush3 pipeline problem ! Help Plz

ArtZealot
05-31-2007, 05:04 PM
3ds Max & ZBrush3 pipeline problem !!! Help Plz
Hi all I am using ZB for some time now but can anybody elaborate a simple thing ! I have some confusion regarding rigging a highly sculpted model (ZB Model ) in max using Biped !!

1) If I had already sculpted a model to high Subdiv and now want to pose and rig the character if i take the disp map to max put it in the rigged base mesh(as to displace it ) actually made in max will it work fine or their is any other way to do it !!! I need to animate the character and I am afraif that the high details might get distorted \ crack during animation !!

2) In another case Instead of modeling my base mesh in contemporary "T" shaped , can I give an initial pose to make sculpture like thing not to be used for animation , can I do it in that way or its not good way to do ????means do that in "T" pose and then again rig it !!

Any tuts or help will be highly helpful ,

Thnx in advance

amz23
06-04-2007, 07:50 PM
What I do is apply the biped/physique to your zbrush mesh at the LOWEST level of subidivsion... then place the highest-level mesh in the same place/coordinates (this happens automatically when u import your meshes) and apply a Skin-Wrap modifier to it, using the low-poly-mesh as the modifier. :wise:

CGTalk Moderation
06-04-2007, 07:50 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.