PDA

View Full Version : File Rendered ONLY 1k

stylEmon
05-31-2007, 03:32 PM
I set up a render. i doubled the HD file size so the file was around 2500 X 1400 px
Maya script editor goes through the usual "% of render completed" thing. When the file was done rendering, I went to retrieve it and the file size was 1k. The targa was empty.

Should I render an iff and then save as?

Does this have something to do with the file size?
It's a large birds eye type view of a shopping center. If I render it at normal HD, the details come out blurry, so I'd really like to have more pixles.

Also, If I shut down Maya after the batch render starts, can I retrieve the render log still?
Where?

I searched with no luck. thanks.

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::EDIT::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

I found this log in the temp folder. So, basically this is saying that the file size (bytes) was too large. Is it saying that the file was 177 GB?!

Jan 08 16:34:01 2007
.20: raylib[588] MEM 0.2 fatal 031008: can't allocate 177132856 bytes.

acidream
06-01-2007, 11:50 PM
That means mental ray ran out of memory. It was trying to allocate 177MB of memory but couldn't do it. There are quite a few threads around here with info on how to make it render. Search for "mental ray memory."

CGTalk Moderation
06-01-2007, 11:50 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.