PDA

View Full Version : software render or Mental Ray won't render!

yohan3d
05-31-2007, 03:53 PM
Hi everyone,

I have 120 frames to render as a TIFF image sequence (720 by 576).
It is only a low detailed rocket flying with nothing else in the scene (very light).
Whether I use Maya software render or Mental Ray the render will stop after 2 or 3 frames. It doesn't say "render completed" but no more images are created in the project folder.

However if I try to relaunch the render the following question pops up "do you wish to cancel the current render ?" as if Maya is still rendering but the stills are nowhere to be find.

Any idea please ?

Thank you

Yohan

ahmedtharik
06-01-2007, 12:25 PM
Try this - select all the top most(parent) nodes in hypergraph and do export selected.

See that all the camera attributes are kept default except probably the lens values. Only the final camera is made enabled - renderable under ouput settings in cam attr editor.

Diabolos
06-01-2007, 01:38 PM
I only get this when I run out of memory - what FX are you using for the trail? Is it render heavy even on your light scene? Are you batch rendering? It will save you up to around 600MB.

You could run a render diagnostics to see if there are any errors in the scene or oen the output editor to see what error messages you get.

D,

CGTalk Moderation
06-01-2007, 01:38 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.