PDA

View Full Version : Need help converting a maya scene to OpenGl

Omg3D
05-31-2007, 03:06 PM
I just got a new assignment that i need to make a hand with textures and lightning and to export it to C++, A programer that works with OpenGL, the programer needs to connect the model to a sensor glove that will control the hand movment in real time, on screen, I have no clue of how to export it so the programer will have an easy work or how to export to C++/OpenGL at all in Maya.
Any help will be appraiseted http://www.devmaster.net/forums/images/smilies/smile.gif

yarniso
06-04-2007, 08:11 PM
Hi,

I think you don't actually mean to convert a scene to OpenGL. Your programmer probably uses OpenGL as his graphics API and needs an easy way to get your model data to display. What you want to do is expert your model to a format that is easy for him to read and handle. Easy formats are things like .obj files. Just ask your programmer what kind of format he prefers and whether or not he already has created code for reading specific formats.
So to summarize, you don't want to export to OpenGL (OpenGL is not a file format) but to some easy 3D file format.

Hope this helps.

Bart

CGTalk Moderation
06-04-2007, 08:11 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.