PDA

View Full Version : Particle collision

ionbaciu
05-31-2007, 06:02 AM
Can particles collide with the other particles from the same system ?

SoLiTuDe
05-31-2007, 06:14 AM
Not really, no. There are some workarounds but not until box 2 comes out for pflow is this doable in the sense that most people want. Thinking particles has this built in, however at quite a cost. You can probably find out a workaround on www.orbaz.com (http://www.orbaz.com) forums by searching for it.

Edit: also there is the keep apart operator, but it really depends on what you're doing as to what kind of workarounds you will need

ionbaciu
05-31-2007, 01:26 PM
Thanks for teh reply. I was thinking of buying Thinking particles bt the latest version is 2.5. Will it work on 3D Studio Max 9 also ?

JohnnyRandom
05-31-2007, 02:41 PM
Thanks for teh reply. I was thinking of buying Thinking particles bt the latest version is 2.5. Will it work on 3D Studio Max 9 also ?

was considering purchasing it as well specifically for the particle dynamics, TP 2.5 does NOT work with max9, you'll have to continue using Max8 sp3, TP 3.0 is in the works and the last word on the grapevine was June-July (hehe I love hearing rumors:D )

ionbaciu
05-31-2007, 03:56 PM
I love people that spread rumours they heard from other persons O.o

Seems that i will hang on unil TP 3.0 :D I have a thing in my mind : If i don't have the latest thing, everything ill do won't be good. Yeah i know, I AM CRAZY !!!

Again , thanks for the reply :D

feldy
05-31-2007, 09:44 PM
thats a very expensive frame of mind to have. i had that same frame of mind when i was 16 but over time you will grow out of it. when new software comes out a lot of problems come with it. you might be like hey i would really love to use that feature and maybe that one two. new software versions mean new bugs and plugins that dont always work. i have no use for max 9 i still have 7 and 8 installed at home. i just recently uninstalled 6 but thats just me. the best new and gritty stuff isnt always best.

olblue
08-15-2007, 05:43 PM
Interparticle detection and collision in the same flow is possible using scripting - I covered this in a training pack I made last year however it was a bit of a work around.

I used objects assigned to particles using a modified version of bobo's script on scriptspot (http://www.scriptspot.com/bobo/mxs5/pflow/pflow__MovingObjects.htm) (I didnt need the scaling) . My flow called two sets of particles that had geometry assigned - I was able to then use the first called flow to target (find target) the geometry from the second flow. There was somewhat more to it than that however Bobo's script works great as a starting point.

depleteD
08-15-2007, 05:49 PM
You could prolly do some fake collision stuff with box 3 with that particle op and combineing the speeds. Check the speed by proxy influence demo file

CGTalk Moderation
08-15-2007, 05:49 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.