PDA

View Full Version : Spawn material

ionbaciu
05-30-2007, 12:02 PM
Hello, i am a newbie in 3ds Max and especially in PFlow so don't make fun of me.

I created a particle systemwhich looks like this :

http://i17.tinypic.com/6hfvmro.png

and added a material to the particles (like seen in teh picture) . The problem is that at render, the material ONLY applies to the actual particles and not the spawned one. Am i doing something wrong ?

PiXeL_MoNKeY
05-30-2007, 02:26 PM
This is because Particle Flow is an event based system. What this means is as the particles move from Event 01 to Event 02 they take on the operators of Event 02. Since Event 02 has no Material then neither will the particles. So you can place the Material Operator in the "Global" PF Source 01 or Copy/Instance the Material Operator to Event 02.

-Eric

Hook
05-30-2007, 02:26 PM
You have to put the material operater in event 2 also.
PFlow is a event based particle system.
When particles jumps from one event to another they only reads the data in the event they are in. You can also put your Material static operater on your PF source render node then it will effect the whole system in all the events.

Hook
05-30-2007, 02:29 PM
damn just af few sec. faster, and i would be the first to answer:)

ionbaciu
05-30-2007, 02:50 PM
Gosh, such a fast answer :eek: . Thanks to both of you. In fact, THANKS A LOT to both of you :applause: . I am starting to get the hang of it. (Well i am currently learning PFlow from the GC Academy DVDs, tehyare great)

Thanks again and expect a whole load of questions from me :scream:

CGTalk Moderation
05-30-2007, 02:50 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.