PDA

View Full Version : Attribute Script seems to only work on 2 controllers (3Ds Max 9)

bardur
05-30-2007, 11:14 AM
Hi

Me and my friend are working on an animation.. and i have been working on the morph targets and he on the rig itself...
We found paul neales "custom attribute script" (Intermediate Rigging) to be great, where he shows how to use it on the foot and knee.. it works perfectly on the rig (Thanks)
but when i use it on the Morph controllers (I use Walter Osborn's ("Phatdaddy" Morph controller script) to give me a spin value of how much i move the contoller it only works on 2 contollers at a time?... :shrug:
if i have five controllers and add the script to the two first it works great (i can use the value to change the controller, i can also just move the controller itself and i can also reset the value of the attribute value)
But as soon as i add more of these controllers and add the attribute script... If i start animating the new controllers.. the previous stop working even though sometimes the keyframes are still there.. they just stop moving.. and i cant animate them anymore
Image:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v111/bardur/Rig.jpg

Heres the script:
modPanel.addModToSelection (EmptyModifier ()) ui:on

ca=attributes MorphControl
(
parameters params rollout:morphR
(
morph type:#float ui:morphSp
)
rollout morphR "Morph Control value"
(
spinner morphSp "Morph Value" range:[-2.5,2.5,-2.5]
group "Keying"
(
button resetAll "Push The Reset!!"
)
on resetAll pressed do
(
morph=-2.5
)
)
)

custAttributes.add $.modifiers[1] ca

macros.run "Parameter Wire" "paramWire"

I Dont know if it is the controllers that do this (They work perfectly when they do NOT have the attibute script on... ) thus i can only guess that it has to do with the script... Maybe renaming the attributes on every object or something (i have tried alot of stuff but nothing works)

I hope this question "qualifies" for the rigging section.. :)

CGTalk Moderation
05-30-2007, 11:14 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.