PDA

View Full Version : Flesh Consumed Album

PTimm
05-30-2007, 06:41 AM
http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b246/FoodyFooFoo/fleshypoo.jpg

doin a cd cover for a band, i was lookin at the original image (right) and decided it was way to red, so i did a hue/saturation layer with a mask...am i on the right track with the left image or should i leave it as is?

Technogoat
05-31-2007, 04:15 AM
From the perspective of a seasoned metal head and grindcore fan (such as myself), what immediatly grabbed me was the image to the right.The altered image looked slightly dulled somewhat. I'd go with the original image, reminiscent of vincent lockes work. Its bright and bold, and colors often lose that quality when put to print.

Thats my humble opinion,take it as it is. Great work overall.

Alabaster
05-31-2007, 05:16 AM
I think the left has potential as well, so long as you ease up on the current changes. I agree with Technogoat, it's more dull.

PTimm
05-31-2007, 08:23 AM
thanks for the replies guys! i definitely agree with the saturation of the original image, however i may try to ease up on the desaturation of the left one, to try and come to a compromise between both

CGTalk Moderation
05-31-2007, 08:23 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.