PDA

View Full Version : drUtilSuite 1.01 for mental ray 3.4 and 3.5

ftaswin
05-30-2007, 02:34 AM
Hi all,

Has anyone tried drUtilSuite 1.01 for mental ray 3.4 and 3.5 yet?

Lools like it has some pretty cool utilities for MR. I couldn't see one for Maya 8.5
Does anyone knows if it exist? Has anyone tried it? Please share your experience if you did.

http://www.duikerresearch.com/free/drUtil_v101_mr.html#Download

Thanks

Ft

floze
05-30-2007, 10:59 AM
They should work for maya 8.5 just as well, not for x64 though. I dropped them a mail about that issue, let's see what turns out. I'll keep you updated.

ftaswin
05-31-2007, 12:13 AM
Thanks, Floze...

The guy replied me back about the issue as well. I'm just wondering how to use it without replacing the original scripts in maya default/scripts/others directory because we are sharing MR shaders ont he network and I dont wanna tweak individual boxes just to find out I have to remove/upgrade it again later.

Keep us updated please :P

Thanks

Ft

djx
05-31-2007, 12:50 PM
ft: you can put the files on a shared network drive, and in a different location to the maya ones. All you have to do get them seen by maya is add a line to Maya.env
For example:
MI_CUSTOM_SHADER_PATH = d:\mentalray\lib;d:\mentalray\include;
(note: you must specify both the lib and the include path)
Maya will then look for shaders in this loacation in addition to its default.

-- David

Ash-Man
05-31-2007, 01:54 PM
you can aslo load them from the shader manager
window > rendering editor > mental ray > shader manager

floze
07-10-2007, 02:22 PM
The drUtilSuite has been updated for windows and linux x64 support:

http://www.duikerresearch.com/free/drUtil_v101_mr.html

Maybe someone can post their feedback on if it's working, as I dont have access to a x64 machine right now..

CGTalk Moderation
07-10-2007, 02:22 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.