PDA

View Full Version : fusion transform tool problem

cryptosporidium
05-30-2007, 12:00 AM
Hi, i got a problem with transform tool. I have finished couple of projects in fusion before and this never happened me. But now i have 1440x1152 footage rendered from 3d app and 720x576 PAL background. When i load both footages and resize the rendered one down to fit the PAL size, im getting strange behaviour of the transform tool. it randomly changes the aspect value of the image. Everytime at the diferent frames and when i just click at the transform tool, it goes back to correct value. I dont know where might be the mistake in such a simple 4-node composite, but it basically prevents me from working. I would be grateful for any advice.

EricD
05-31-2007, 10:04 PM
I have had 3D renders with this problem. In my case it was missing frames re-rendered at the wrong aspect ratio. Double check your render. You can also force the Pixel Aspect on the Import tab of your Loader. Otherwise, unless you've animated the Aspect or X/Y sliders the Xf should have no effect on the Aspect Ratio.

cryptosporidium
05-31-2007, 11:59 PM
thanx for your reply, i have been told at another forum yet that its best to allways force footage to custom aspect ratio and dont rely on default settings.

EricD
06-01-2007, 12:51 AM
There is no reason to not rely on the default setting. The loader simply reads the aspect ratio from the file. The point is that you should make sure that your 3D elements are rendered with the correct aspect ratio to begin with ;)

CGTalk Moderation
06-01-2007, 12:51 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.