PDA

View Full Version : Foot Rig

dsepshn
03-17-2003, 01:59 AM
How would I create a foot Rig with toes. I would like to have the foot roll and still have control over each toe. Any sugestions would be great.
Thanx

-dc-
03-17-2003, 02:55 AM
Hey,

Just make an extra bone after your "footroll" bone, and then branch off your toes from there. So it would look like this:

Ankle>Foot Roll>Toe Root> Toe1, Toe2, Toe3, etc.

This way you can keep your footroll, still have global toe controls, and add on extra joints for each toe locally.
Hope that helps.

Regards,

Joe

:wavey:

dsepshn
03-17-2003, 08:40 AM
A little confused. I'm trying to use the foot where you group IK's, and when I "Roll" the foot the toes don't bend correctly, Should I be using a different method? And could you maybe post a screen grab to show what you are talking about...only if you have time.

Thanx
Wes

cavetroll
03-17-2003, 02:12 PM
Make sure you are using single-chain IKs from ankle to ball and from ball to toetip. You can then also set up SC IKs for each toe to control them individually. By parenting and grouping the controls the right way you can get ball-roll, heel-rool, toe-roll, ankle rotate etc.
There was a tutorial about this... saw the link in a thread a while ago.
You could also try the reverse-foot-lock-approach.
Cheers, Tom.

CGTalk Moderation
01-14-2006, 03:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.