PDA

View Full Version : transparency and ramp

madeofpoly
05-29-2007, 06:46 PM
I attached an image to show the problem i am having. I used a tutorial here where it shows how to create an earth atmosphere using ramp, the problem is i don't see how i can use it as a layer to composite with the alpha channel it is rendering right now, i am new to shaders so i am sure i am doing something wrong, if someone can make this clear to me would really appreciate

Thanks a lot

Luis

bwheels02
05-29-2007, 11:03 PM
if you want to specifically isolate the atmosphere of the "planet" then you need to add transparency to the shader that is acting as the "actual planet surface." Any transparency you have with create an alpha. Photoshop makes working with the alpha channels a bit tricky. the planet will be the bottom layer and the atmosphere the top layer. Try selecting the alphaed part of the image and clearing it. Hope this helps a little. :)

madeofpoly
05-30-2007, 06:33 PM
True, i can see it now, shader color is solid and that effect i am getting is from two ramps attached to it. I am still trying to figure out how to get that transparency to the shader the way i want, transparent in the middle.

Thanks

CGTalk Moderation
05-30-2007, 06:33 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.