PDA

View Full Version : Whoops - Villian - Manuel M

ManuelM
03-17-2003, 12:58 AM
hi everyone

this month, i`m joining the animation challenge. it might be a good way, to improve my skills.
i`m not sure, how much time i can spend on this one, because i have also some other projects, but i`ll give it a try.

this is my idea:

the villain (a big rat) prepares for a new robbery. for this purpose, he has constructed some kind of home-made jet pack. just when he activates the engines, in order to take of, big flames appear at the end of the exhaust pipes and set his fat, hairy tail on fire

Fasty
03-17-2003, 11:38 PM
Cool! Will he actually be a rat, or just a big fat man in a rat costume?

ManuelM
03-18-2003, 12:34 AM
hmm. i had this image of a rat in mind, similar to that creature, which was the master of the ninja turtles ;-) (can`t remember his name) - just an evil version. but i like your idea of a supervillian in a rat costume, just like for example the penguin from batman. the only thing that bothers me, is that in this case, the villian burning his artificial tail would not be as tragic.
but regarding character-design aspects, your proposal might be more interesting.

Fasty
03-18-2003, 02:30 AM
I think you're referring to Master Splinter :thumbsup:

Well let's say his costume is made of nylon, and it melts to his skin causing 3rd degree burns to 98% of his body. Now that's comedy!

ManuelM
03-18-2003, 10:29 AM
yeah, that`s really comedy - but hard to achieve in 3d ? otherwise, it`s also called a "challenge".

SheepFactory
03-18-2003, 06:52 PM
Great to see you enter again Manuel! :)

I hope to join this callenge too if i can finish my classic challenge entry on time.

good luck!

CGTalk Moderation
01-14-2006, 04:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.