PDA

View Full Version : Uv coordinates from Maya to AE

Hardrawk
05-29-2007, 03:05 PM
Hi!

I posted this in the Maya Forum also, but I'll try here also. I want to extract UV coordinates from a 3d surface like a tv screen from Maya to be able to remap a new animation in AE. This should be possible I think, but the question is how? How do i go about this?

Regards Johan.

Mylenium
05-29-2007, 04:31 PM
Hi!

I posted this in the Maya Forum also, but I'll try here also. I want to extract UV coordinates from a 3d surface like a tv screen from Maya to be able to remap a new animation in AE. This should be possible I think, but the question is how? How do i go about this?

Regards Johan.

I'm not up to the latest on how to set up a render layer in Maya, but it should be possible. Usually you will have to have a dummy image in your UV set for the UV transforms to show up in the render at all (as they are sampled per texture pixel) and your UV set will have to be continuous. On the AE end you will need RevisionFX' RE:Map collection to make use of the UV pass once you have it. Your images are required to be at least 16 bpc (SGI, IFF, PSD, TIFF) for this to work.

Mylenium

CGTalk Moderation
05-29-2007, 04:31 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.