PDA

View Full Version : My 1st Rig, what could make it better

RumorHazard
05-29-2007, 01:39 PM
Hi everyone, well here is my first rig, I have been reading the art of rigging and have so far created this rig. but it doesn't seem to be as hectic as i wanted it to be.

What i was trying to strive for was a industry quality rig such as something out of ice age or pixar. If anyone has any idea please feel free to tell me even if it means shredding my rig apart go ahead :).

Thanks Simon

http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d73/rum0r/Untitled-3.jpg

ghoest
05-29-2007, 04:22 PM
Hi Simon,
Could you post a video of the rig in action? animated and so forth. I find that is the only real way you can tell if your rig holds up. And let us knwo if it does anything interesting (procedural stuff ect.) Take a look at my demo reel on my site if you want an example of how I show off my rigs (not sure if it's the best way but it works for me).
www.rigmasternick.com
-Nick

RumorHazard
05-29-2007, 04:52 PM
thanks for the reply, checked out your showreel, it looks pretty cool. Will post a video soon, just need to capture one and setup a scene.

EricDLegare
05-30-2007, 01:26 AM
Could you post a video of the rig in action? animated and so forth. I find that is the only real way you can tell if your rig holds up.

Agreed, rigs should be shown in action to see how they really work, ( we can see that your rig is good looking, but it's not as important as prooving that it works fine for the animators :D )

Take a look at my demo reel on my site if you want an example of how I show off my rigs (not sure if it's the best way but it works for me)

Actually, the first time I went on your site I didn't find the "DEMO" button, I think this may be an issue with your site ( esspecialy since you have a "Email-me" and "resume" button ) I tought those where the only two buttons on your site :shrug: I would suggest hinting the foolish user to the real menu, maybe with a glow of some sort ?

but the second time I went to your site, I searched more because RumorHazard seemed to have seen your demo ...

the demo is great by the way :D :thumbsup:

ghoest
05-30-2007, 02:41 AM
Eric,
Thanks for the advise! I'll have to modify that somehow, I can see where you can get confused by my navigation especially with those other buttons (I added those later on after I designed the original site lol)
And thanks for the compliments on my reel, I'll have a new reel out this weekend, with some more (and more polished stuff) work.
-Nick

RumorHazard
05-30-2007, 09:27 PM
I was wondering if anyone knew how to make a spline object eg. a circle stay on a piece of mesh that you have smooth binded, that spline is going to be moving the joints that are going to be affecting the mesh which it is joined to.

I was trying to setup a hair rig with circles around the hair that one could pull and rotate to make the hair move in what ever direction you wished, and while it is moving the nurbs stay constrained to the hair, if anyone knows it would be a great help

Thanks
Simon

RumorHazard
05-31-2007, 05:14 PM
no worries about the hair, i got it working, i had inherit parent ticked on on the IKspline, once i unticked it it worked properly.

CGTalk Moderation
05-31-2007, 05:14 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.