PDA

View Full Version : What are the best choice for eyebrow?

Caronte
03-16-2003, 11:23 PM
Hi. On my latest 3D work (a female) I was done the eyebrows with geometry (hair by hair).

I can see most of the pro users here using textures for the same thing.

I know a photo texture is very real on frontal images, but If I want to do an animation, I will see the texture from side like painted on the skin and the hairs shadows don't move (because it's a static texture).

Which do you think are the best metod?

Thi's the head image (http://www.nicodigital.com/xoops/html/modules/myalbum/photo.php?lid=45)

dani
03-16-2003, 11:48 PM
Well, you can give Ripsting's fiber generator a try.

But it's very performance demanding, though the results are worth it (handles wind)

However, i think you should stick to having the eyebrows on the texture and not forgetting to add a bump map under it so to have some light catching there.

Once, I tried to put a hair texture on a mesh with the brows shape using UVmapping. Does work kinda nice excepted that blender doesn't handle transparency it it's shadow buffer, yet. But seen from the distance, this isn't sooo visible.

hope some CG gurus will come around!
Dani

Apollux
03-16-2003, 11:49 PM
Read this tutorial on hair

http://www.newtek.com/products/lightwave/tutorials/modeling/hair/

You should be able to adapt it to eye browns. Raytracing would help also.

Apollux
03-17-2003, 12:03 AM
Originally posted by dani

Once, I tried to put a hair texture on a mesh with the brows shape using UVmapping. Does work kinda nice excepted that blender doesn't handle transparency it it's shadow buffer, yet. But seen from the distance, this isn't sooo visible.

Dani

Did you try to use the 'Unified Render' option, it is there presicelly for that kind of situations... although it is also high CPU demanding.

dani
03-17-2003, 09:35 AM
Unified renderer doesn't take on account the alpha channel of surface to calculate the shadow buffer either, have a look at the attachement.

Dani

CGTalk Moderation
01-14-2006, 04:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.