PDA

View Full Version : Good to see!!! :o)

Bapsis
03-17-2003, 12:06 AM
Hey all,

I'm very glad to see a Blender section at CGtalk!!! :)

Alot of people who dont have 3D apps, or know much about 3D, may come here now and get all inspired by all of the good art. And instead of wishing they had maya or something they can now hear about Blender and download it. It's defiantly the best free 3D tool out there and a great option to most everyone, wether your a complete newbie or a seasoned 3D pro.

(My Blender gallery: http://www.stormpages.com/bapsis/gallery.html )

Matt

Blend on, and blend well!!!

Apollux
03-17-2003, 12:17 AM
Your NX-01 Interprice is amazing!!! :eek:

I'm working on a space themed short film and would like to ask you how you made the textures for the earth and how to get those halos around the planets.

Bapsis
03-17-2003, 12:29 AM
Originally posted by Apollux
Your NX-01 Interprice is amazing!!! :eek:

I'm working on a space themed short film and would like to ask you how you made the textures for the earth and how to get those halos around the planets.

Thank you, i acctually did the NX-01 just 4 months into learning 3D and Blender. I have thought recently of doing another one, now that iv been using blender for about a year and a half now.

The textures were from the Nasa site i belive, and there are alot of high-res actual photos of the Earth on the net.

As for the halos, they are the halo function in the material section of Blender. If you check out Elysiun there are some people there who have done much better planets and atmospheres, and i belive there are downloadable examples i saw recently too.

Good luck on your project, i hope it turns out well!!! :)

Matt

Blend on, and blend well!!!

theeth
03-17-2003, 03:32 AM
I know M@dcow did a space scene example once, I'll try to dig that up.

doh! Found it, but it was on iptic, so... :hmm:

anyway, I guess you can probably ask him directly if you want to take a look at it.

Martin

Apollux
03-17-2003, 03:47 AM
Originally posted by theeth
doh! Found it, but it was on iptic, so... :hmm:

Martin

A plain english translation for 'iptic' please?

NateTG
03-17-2003, 04:30 AM
iptic was an acronym for something. it was a hosting service by acasto.

anyhow. it is nice to see a blender forum here!! finally got me to register. :beer:

lets hope its filled with fun, laugher and good art.

CGTalk Moderation
01-14-2006, 05:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.