PDA

View Full Version : zbrush animation.

mxdirector
05-29-2007, 12:44 AM
hello, im curious of something.

how do people create a animation in zbrush? do they simply open that model up in maya or 3dsmax and actually move the thosands of vertices to create a facial rig?

how is it done.

for example, heres a zbrush image i found
http://www.taron.de/Storage/Images/Zbrush/Helloweenor02.jpg
lets say i wanted to make a simple talking animation. how is this done???????

ErikSvensson
05-29-2007, 06:26 AM
I would export it into maya, 3ds max or whatever tool you use (not the highest subdivide though) then create blendshapes (morph targets) and use either normal, bump or displacement map to create the wrinkleness. I do not believe its possible to animate even in zbrush 3 so.

Erik

mxdirector
05-29-2007, 11:32 AM
well i know its possible to animate with zbrush, not actually in zbrush, but its possible to animate the models that you do make.

in pirates of the carribbean, the main bady, the otcupus guy was made using zbrush, and he was animated. but how do they do that.

ErikSvensson
05-29-2007, 11:43 AM
Probably in some way i mentioned. You never rig up a multimilion mesh in any 3D app. You just use different stuff such as displacement maps and do the tough work in render only, not in the viewport. Its so much easier to rig a low poly model than a high poly model.

Erik

CGTalk Moderation
05-29-2007, 11:43 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.