PDA

View Full Version : A little more Hash and EI

3DArtZ
03-16-2003, 10:42 PM
Hi Hashers....
I hope I'm not boring anyone to death here with these posts.... but I'm getting more work done
with the camera matching technique I'm using to combine hash and ei.
This clip incorporates shadow and reflection plates layered ontop of background renders from EI.
Next I'm going to start moving the character around the environment to see how things match up.
Anyhows.... if anyone is interested in taking a gander I put up a qt of the latest attempt

http://www.3dartz.com/WIPS/PoseDown1.mov
sorenson 3 compression, about 670kb.

Thanks and shoot any comments my way!
Mike Fitz

onikaze
03-17-2003, 12:41 AM
That looks excellent.

now lets see if I can do the same with hash and Lightwave

koon69
03-17-2003, 01:00 AM
Excellent! So I guess it is worth all the work to combine the two apps? I hope you have time to put a tute up! Hint! Any idea if Arthur is doing anything? Im going to look at your clip a few more times and study it!!

3DArtZ
03-17-2003, 02:53 PM
Hi guys, thanks for the posts!
I'm still testing stuff with this technique out. Thus far it seems to be working just fine.
Once I get the some time to put towards it I will post info on my site on how to do this.
The only problem is that one step requires data to be manipulated in a way that would require a camera/world data
orienter(change the xyz values to match the app it's going to) plugin or utility. I've written a utility that does the math, but it is in no shape to be used unless you know what the utility is doing because I've yet to fully complete it. I've only done so much to read the camera data in, do math on it and spit it out. I then have to manually fix elements in the new file that I have yet to incorporate into the utility.
But thanks for checking it out and I'll let you know when it's available.
At that time, I'll probably see if I can get Aurthur to put a plug-in together.
Later guys
Mike

alfiebabes
03-19-2003, 06:48 PM
I hope I'm not boring anyone to death here with these posts....

Mike, if people don't want to read they don't have to open your thread.

There's probably a few of us who would like to use different apps together for their biggest strengths or to avoid their biggest weaknesses (animating in EI..... shudder!)

Keep posting and I'll keep reading (and learning)

CGTalk Moderation
01-14-2006, 05:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.