PDA

View Full Version : Bright Livingroom, Max4ever (3D)

Max4ever
03-16-2003, 09:33 PM
http://www.cgnetworks.com/galleryimages/17264/bright_livingroom_medium.jpg (http://www.cgnetworks.com/galleryimages/17264/bright_livingroom.jpg)

my last work
comments?
image (http://www.visualart.ro/forum/attachment.php?s=&postid=34335)

Hamsterhead
03-16-2003, 09:35 PM
I would like to purchase your house...

WOW, that is amazing, I love the little details and the sense of space is immense,

Kudos

JonasNoell
03-16-2003, 09:43 PM
As real as it could be :thumbsup:

Nice lightning by the way, but why do all artists have to destroy the quality of their image with this crappy noise they add afterwards. Is it that you have to destroy the quality of the image afterwards so that it looks as if it was filmed with a bad camera or what??? :shrug:

cANt

joes75
03-16-2003, 09:50 PM
what did you do that with? just max?
looks good. good detail

Max4ever
03-16-2003, 10:16 PM
:rolleyes:
max and vray
@cANt: np man, look another one without the grain just 4 :p
image (http://www.visualart.ro/forum/attachment.php?s=&postid=34344)

3dwild
03-16-2003, 10:51 PM
Without grain it looks much better :thumbsup:

MrPG
03-16-2003, 11:05 PM
looks really good.. only CnC from my view is the tele texture.. its a bit off. Really good work. KIU

ja3d
03-16-2003, 11:13 PM
Looks good!, and the grain give a realistic atmosphere to interior.
Good job. :thumbsup:

Max4ever
03-17-2003, 12:14 AM
10x for the feedback guys.
"Looks good!, and the grain give a realistic atmosphere to interior."
"Without grain it looks much better "
hmmm...i'm lost here...so wich one should i post in my gallery? with grain or without? :hmm:

stephen2002
03-17-2003, 12:38 AM
I think it looks better without grain, much softer overall. Right now the grain dosn't look like photography grain because it seems most pronounced on the walls. I would have guessed it is GI grain so I would recomend against using the one with grain...others may interpret the same.

ThirdEye
03-17-2003, 02:22 AM
Grain just seems GI grain. If you want a good grain generator get Richard Rosenman's at his own website, it's a good filter for ps.

qu2k
03-17-2003, 02:25 AM
needs more anti aliasing (the crack of light comming through the door shows it) and definitely more gi samples

piajartist
03-17-2003, 02:29 AM
Nice Lighting

Abominable
03-17-2003, 02:38 AM
Dig it man. Only teeny crit is the shadow under the coffee table items. If its a glass top wouldn't the light fill the underside of the objects?

Nice work,

Cheers

bjoern
03-17-2003, 03:24 AM
graet job!!!!!!
I love Vrays look....waiting for the Maya version

rendertime,real resolution and maschine spect please :-)

regards
bjoern

gsuhy
03-17-2003, 03:44 AM
Nice job :thumbsup:

You might want to try throwing in some shadows into the scene from the leaves on the trees.

ZVAN
03-17-2003, 03:59 AM
NicE plAce TO be, veRy CozY.. yeah the versiOn wiTHout thE gRain iS beTTer.. with a lil of blur creates depth..! :)

Vidar3d
03-17-2003, 04:47 AM
;) I think it was a nice touch to leave the front door open. Besides leaving your room completely vulnerable to a brutal home invasion, it creates a more intresting image and compisition overall. Well done!

kiaran
03-17-2003, 05:42 AM
I designed my own apartment as well, so I know how a seemingly straightforward piece like this can easily get very complicated. You've pulled it off with ablomb. Don't listen to people telling you that it needs more GI samples. They must be thinking of the 'grain' version because I couldn't find any GI artifacts. It sure would be nice to see some leaf shadows on the floor though. This could easily be accomplished with a projection mask on the exterior light. But I'm sure you already know that.

Either way, AWESOME WORK!

Kiaran

chrisWhite
03-17-2003, 06:40 AM
Wow! Looks awesome :applause:

I'd say I like the version with out the grain more, but both look really good and I think either one will impress in your gallery.

I'd also agree with the comments on the door and the tree shadows, otherwise, IMHO closer to perfect then my eyes can discern!

akroll
03-17-2003, 06:58 AM
Nice job. Very clean and perfect... a little too perfect. If you are trying to achieve a realistic look by adding gain, might I recommend a better solution. Try adding some dirt to your textures or consider the placement of your objects a little more. Nobodys house is that clean or perfect. If it is... they need to get out from in front of their computer more :D

Kudos on the modelling and lighting.

Raul-Reznek
03-17-2003, 07:18 AM
Felicitari maxe te-au plugat :D

As i said to you earlier, you should be workin outside :D

derelict
03-17-2003, 07:42 AM
its quite noisy that pix...other than that it is sweet.

srich23
03-17-2003, 08:16 AM
Originally posted by cANt
As real as it could be :thumbsup:

Nice lightning by the way, but why do all artists have to destroy the quality of their image with this crappy noise they add afterwards. Is it that you have to destroy the quality of the image afterwards so that it looks as if it was filmed with a bad camera or what??? :shrug:

cANt

almost positive it's gi grain,

brunner
03-17-2003, 10:01 AM
Way to go, mate :beer:

daevid
03-17-2003, 10:43 AM
Without grain is definitely better. Somehow I think the GI lighting is a bit too soft. I think the scene would look better if you added more drama by increasing the the contrast between the direct lighting and the GI lighting.

The composition is a bit scattered right now, my eyes have problem to focus on anything except the red candles. Possibly, you could tone down their color a bit. Try figuring out what is most important for the atmosphere you're trying to achieve and focus your composition on these things. Hope this makes sense...

- David

Mr.FeelNothing
03-17-2003, 11:19 AM
Looks great. Only advice I have to offer is, no grain.;)

Scott Harris
03-17-2003, 02:21 PM
sweet deal man!

i love the way this image is realistic and not t the same time...and trust me thats a compliment...its nicly stylized.

the lighting is great the noise you added give a good value to the picture but you might want to consider downing it a little (but not compleatly)...the olny other thing I can say is keep up the good work.

What was the render time on this image?

progerik
03-17-2003, 03:16 PM
very nice :)
I have to disagree with cAnt , as I think the grain look fine,
it somehow add some warm to the image
but then again that is just my oppinion ;)

iladi
03-17-2003, 03:35 PM
macar aici puteai sa pui si tipa:rolleyes:

nice work, mate!

Max4ever
03-17-2003, 03:43 PM
@bjoern "rendertime,real resolution and maschine spect please :-)" 30 hours with direct computation, 880/400, dual athlon xp
2000+, wireframe is here (http://www.visualart.ro/forum/attachment.php?s=&postid=34460)

@gsuhy "You might want to try throwing in some shadows into the scene from the leaves on the trees" tryed that...doesn't look
good. I've made a tutrial my self on this kind of lighting...take a look here (http://www.dragosji.150m.com/pagina3.htm)(it's posted prebeta and in romanian language; i'll post the
final tutorial on my new homepage, the one i've got now is very old)

@srich23 "almost positive it's gi grain,"
you're right mate...direct computation does that ugly grain...i removed the grain in post...but i did something to please you all (i
hope...ufff) i added some grain in post...a picture grain...so does it look better? image (http://www.visualart.ro/forum/attachment.php?s=&postid=34461)

Max4ever
03-17-2003, 03:54 PM
@daevid "increasing the contrast between the direct lighting and the GI lighting." tryed that too...it darkens the image too
much...it should be very bright.
"Possibly, you could tone down their color a bit." at 30 hours render time no way man...i'm not touching that render button
again :surprised

@Raul-Reznek "As i said to you earlier, you should be workin outside "
wazaaaaaap!!!! :buttrock: true...true......:rolleyes:

@iladi tipa o tin doar pt ochii mei...:D

thanks to all for the good feedback
btw thnx to moderators for the plug !:beer:

draconix
03-17-2003, 05:09 PM
Really nice. The third pic and the second are my favs. 30 hrs?!? Never done a render that took that long :D

pgp_protector
03-17-2003, 05:49 PM
Well The only thing I would think about changing is the following

1) Add a fireplace tool kit (poker, shovel and brush )

2) The Fanblade on the celing fan need to be rotated so that you get some air flow when it is spinning :)

Overall , I love the what you did.
:bounce: :bounce: :applause:

behzad
03-17-2003, 07:33 PM
I like the lighting, but the wallpaper seem to go everywhere. It looks like it is going on the door surface as well. It would be nice to try to use different textures for the door wood, the door frames and so on.

Also I would use a nice brick (pastal) color for the fire place.

Behzad

Fofoarte frumos.

sweetkitty
03-17-2003, 07:45 PM
looks really good and we hope tp c some other works from u:buttrock:

baba
03-17-2003, 07:56 PM
real and nice picture

Max4ever
03-17-2003, 07:57 PM
@draconix :"30 hrs?!? Never done a render that took that long "
me neither
@pgp_protector: "Well The only thing I would think about changing is the following"
i respect your opinion but i'm not touching that render button again! i can't wait another 30 hours...
@behzad : "Fofoarte frumos." hehe, multumesc :)
as for the textures...i wanted to keep it simple. no dirt no nothing...just a bright livingroom :)

btw, i've updated my site www.dragos.org for who's interested. ;)

misu
03-17-2003, 09:57 PM
well done !! I love this livingroom ... Bravo !!! :thumbsup:

Eman597
03-17-2003, 10:32 PM
NO FILM GRAIN, it takes so much from the image

daevid
03-17-2003, 11:16 PM
You wouldn't need to darken the room to increase the lighting contrast. What I'm after is a more defined light source, if it's that bright inside I'd guess it would be relatively brighter outside. I made a sketch to show what I mean. It's a bit crude and maybe a bit exaggerated, but hey it didn't take 30 hours to render it :) Hope you don't mind.

By the way what makes this scene 30 hours to render? Is max GI implementation THAT slow? (I havn't upgraded from max4 yet so i'm quite curious)

- David

Max4ever
03-18-2003, 12:18 AM
daevid, i usualy don't render with "direct computation" (in vray this method is for highest quality but the rendertime is much much bigger...) but in this case i had to...i wanted to see every detail. i was looking for the perfect realistic light (i had to give the walls a selfillumination material with value of 3 to achieve that lighting...and other ticks like that)
what you have there is interesting but it blows the realistic look. i would have that light if i had lots of dust in the air...but the room is clean...almost perfect clean :)
altough i apreciate your interest. 10x :beer:

lildragon
03-18-2003, 04:16 AM
I really like what you've done here. I can pratically feel the warm summer breeze passing through this living room. I think the most important aspect of this image is that you made it feel "lived" in. Very nice, I chose the one without the grain because I thought you used just a bit too much in the first :)

You have received the CGtalk choice award .Please feel free to display this image anywhere you like! Incredible work.

upon receiving this award, it guarantees you a spot in the cgtalk gallery hall of fame (http://gallery.cgtalk.com) - which you are now placed

http://www.cgtalk.com/plug_award/cgtalk_award_mar03_2.jpg

P.S. Please email me @ tito@cgnetworks.com for the award .psd file

salud

Max4ever
03-18-2003, 04:40 AM
:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:
:beer: thanks lildragon!
everyone, the drinks on me! :buttrock:

facial
03-18-2003, 05:18 AM
Nice work, :)

jorgelescale
03-20-2003, 03:38 AM
Hey , sorry about "but" i think thats a really nice job, the only thing that i found not as real as the rest was the texture for the tv screen, i think it have a lot of contrast, maybe if u decrease black levels on it ;

just a point of view, the rest is amazing, and i agree about the noise effect, get rid of it!

sorry about bad english!!

keep maxing:scream:

Max4ever
03-23-2003, 07:34 PM
i already started another project so i won't get back on it.
the TV was my bigest problem...i have another interior (older) where i had the same problem...i can't find a proper material for the TV screen...:(
i'll keep trying. 10x anyway :beer:
http://www.antena1.ro/dragos/home_sweet_home.jpg

Psycholink
03-23-2003, 10:57 PM
Very cool!
:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
can you post a wirefire?

Max4ever
03-24-2003, 02:13 PM
10x man! :rolleyes:
and the wireframe...
http://azra.eonet.ro/arh01wire.jpg

room61
03-24-2003, 03:00 PM
Hi

Good work, but the whole area seems to me weig too cleanly. Perhaps it is to gloss lights at the textures.

room61

Max4ever
03-24-2003, 03:12 PM
i see...but i was not trying to show some old or used livingroom...
i like it simple and clean...
anyway i should add some grain to the carpet...

jorgelescale
03-25-2003, 03:09 AM
just amazing!! great job! :eek: :eek: :surprised :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
what else can i say, no " but" this time!!

Michael Chen
03-25-2003, 05:23 AM
Looks really real :eek:

Great work :thumbsup:

piajartist
03-25-2003, 07:45 AM
Said it before and I'll say it again, great lighting and rendering!

Max4ever
03-25-2003, 02:16 PM
10x guys!:beer:
i think i'm gonna let down a wile those interior scenes and try to do some nature...i tryed a couple of times (see on my homepage) but i didn't get what i wanted so...back to nature! :rolleyes:
10x again 4 replyes.:)

Zero_Gambit
03-25-2003, 02:53 PM
whoa, really like that seccond pic. The carpet texture looks really good, and the plant shadow looks very nice also. Your lighting techniques are incredible. Also, i have to ask, how did you get the tablecloth to drape so well? is it some kind of cloth simulation, or is it all modelled directly? how many poly's is it?

Max4ever
03-25-2003, 03:43 PM
i made the curtain with flex and the cloth with havok. the rest are modeled.
there is one problem in vray with volume light( or i didn't figure it out) :the volume light doesn't drop shadows so i had to map the lights :rolleyes:
i'm using a single spot for the sunlight and i play alot with white planes with self illumination. ( i prefer these instead of omnis because they are more accurate)
as for the polys, please don't ask! :D when i work on a single frame i model only what i see in "safe frames" so i concentrate all the details in the objects that i see. (btw, the DOF is done very early to see the blurry zone so i can put details on the focus one :) )

CGTalk Moderation
01-14-2006, 05:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.