PDA

View Full Version : I'm here.

harkyman
03-16-2003, 07:01 PM
I don't know how many Blender folks from Elysiun will end up here, but I wanted to let any newbies (or not so newbies) know that I'll at least be checking this board daily to answer any questions you might have.

If it's a question that's already been addressed on the Elysiun boards (the current Blender community gathering place), I'll post a link to the relevant information there as well doing a copy and paste right to here, so we can hopefully build up a nice base of knowledge within this forum as well. I would encourage others to do the same.

Anyone who wants to check out my Blender credentials can take a look at http://harkyman.home.attbi.com and http://harkyman.home.attbi.com/barn.html .

Have fun!

paradox
03-16-2003, 07:12 PM
Hello, Harkyman I'm here too. Good to see a Blender forum on CG Talk since I spend a lot of time on Elysiun and here. I know there are several users of Blender that also come here alot too. Will be interesting to see how this works out (Blender forum here).
Paradox

Apollux
03-16-2003, 08:06 PM
* Me says: I'm here too. :thumbsup:

artificial3D
03-16-2003, 08:11 PM
hey! i'm also here... :rolleyes:
.andy

oden
03-16-2003, 09:32 PM
I am here as well !!

Great to see you too Paradox,
long time no seen!!

I havent seen you on ICQ lately!!

cheers! :beer:

/ztonzy

dani
03-16-2003, 09:47 PM
I'm here too!

Hey! this is like Power Rangers or something! We're here to help you!!!
:cool:

What about presenting ourselves?

Dani, 18yo, 1/3 of his life has been ingested by computer graphics the rest by computers all alone.
3-4 years blendering, I just can't help myself from modelling Human characters... every now and then a new one emerges.
I like to play with textures and find out tricks to do with the renderer.
Basically I love knitting with polygones and experimenting with shaders.
oh, i do have a site but a haven't updated it since mid 2001... sooo you won't get it! nah :p !

:beer:
Dani

JamesMK
03-17-2003, 01:02 AM
OK OK... I'm totally here too.

theeth
03-17-2003, 02:03 AM
I'm here too. :beer:

Martin

Apollux
03-17-2003, 02:07 AM
Wellcome Theeth!!

Is good to see that some of the bad-ass Blender Gurus are stoping by. :applause:

I sent an e-mail to Ton, hope he stops by also.

burnhard
03-24-2003, 01:48 PM
but I've got to (no doubt again, not just by myself) tell harky and every other blender user who has posted screen shots of what they've made with blender... SHAFT!

ok so I'm not expected to create this kind of amazing amount of detail any time soon, but WELL DONE for all the effort you've put into these and the stamina you have! :bounce:

I've downloaded blender and have been snooping around links and sites assuring me blender is worth while using and learning.. I'll be using it mostly for modeling/animating and gaming (is that all?) to create and bring alive the ideas and visions which spark in my brain :wavey:

I can't wait to get to grips with Blender!

Will I be just another passer by?

bravo
:applause:

paradox
03-24-2003, 08:53 PM
burnhard, my advice to you on blender is have patience and stick to it. I've been using Blender for 2 or 3 years. At first my work was pretty basic, but now while not fantastic has improved much as I learn the basics of texturing, lighting, composition etc all fundamental things in 3D. Learning Blender not only teachs you to use Blender but teachs you the basics of 3D which are applicable with any 3D program. Keep with it, you'll get better and you'll learn something and get the bonus of having fun watching your ideas come to life. Also any questions just ask, someone in the Blender community has probably been there done that and knows 2 or 3 ways to solve a problem.
Paradox

Poju
03-25-2003, 01:39 PM
Just stopped by to say i'm here too:beer:

And for all those who want to see my renderings go:
http://members.surfeu.fi/tero.konttila/

Elsdon
04-15-2003, 01:24 AM
I wasn't here at first. :shame:
Then I began to hear about here and it sounded pretty cool :drool:
So now, here I am here.:applause: :wavey:

dreamsgate
04-15-2003, 03:06 AM
I'm here too, and I'll answer any questions I can.:hmm:

kid tripod
04-15-2003, 02:52 PM
I'm about as well.

basse
04-17-2003, 09:23 AM
sshh... I was never here.

:surprised

Apollux
04-18-2003, 03:20 AM
Originally posted by basse
sshh... I was never here.

:surprised

Don't worry, we won't tell anybody.... glad you never were here anyways :wavey:

CGTalk Moderation
01-14-2006, 04:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.