PDA

View Full Version : Welcome to the new blender forum

SheepFactory
03-16-2003, 06:07 PM
Hi Guys ,

This is a test run for Blender.

Its up to you guys to keep this forum active. if it dies down it'll be removed.

happy posting everyone :)

Ali

metal me solid
03-16-2003, 06:11 PM
YAY! first to post ww00 h00!! =D

X-WARRIOR
03-16-2003, 06:33 PM
wow that's pretty cool! Is this forum for questionning? or it's like a gallery forum?

SheepFactory
03-16-2003, 06:38 PM
This forum is for Q&A , you can post your blender images here if you want , but you have to link them , attachments are disabled.

best.

degauss
03-16-2003, 06:58 PM
It's good to see Blender get a place along side the bigger players in the commercial market. The recent PR disaster with Animation:Master has given me a new appreciation for Blender and a community that is very open about both its strengths and areas that could stand some improvement.

X-WARRIOR
03-16-2003, 07:50 PM
I don't to broke the enthousiast..yea it's good to have a forum over here...but if it's for Q/A well wehave elysiun.com...I don't know, but I think this forum is useless...I hope I,m wrong :p

SheepFactory
03-16-2003, 07:55 PM
Originally posted by X-WARRIOR
I don't to broke the enthousiast..yea it's good to have a forum over here...but if it's for Q/A well wehave elysiun.com...I don't know, but I think this forum is useless...I hope I,m wrong :p

Exactly.

Thats why i said this is a test run. It'll be closed if i see no activity here. And by activity i don't mean "god i love Blender" , "blender is the best" , "why blender kicks so much butt" kind of posts.

I still believe a blender forum is unnecessary here at cg talk. Its up to you guys to prove me wrong. It has the potential to be a great resource for everyone.

Ali

Apollux
03-16-2003, 08:50 PM
Originally posted by X-WARRIOR

You are half right and half wrong. I think the main advantage to have a forum here at cgtalk is that you are in contact with (sad to admit) higher level of expertise and bigger back-ground than the ones at elysium (don't trow flames at me, I LOVE Elysium).

For example, you have a very specific problem on how to model certain thing. If you ask here there are way more chances to run into someone else who had the same problem and solved it.

Also, since Blender and LightWave share a lot of the interface and modeling techniques, you could ask questions here to LW folks that otherwise you would never find on elysium.

Bapsis
03-16-2003, 11:16 PM
Originally posted by Apollux
You are half right and half wrong. I think the main advantage to have a forum here at cgtalk is that you are in contact with (sad to admit) higher level of expertise and bigger back-ground than the ones at elysium (don't trow flames at me, I LOVE Elysium).

For example, you have a very specific problem on how to model certain thing. If you ask here there are way more chances to run into someone else who had the same problem and solved it.

Also, since Blender and LightWave share a lot of the interface and modeling techniques, you could ask questions here to LW folks that otherwise you would never find on elysium.

I'm glad that you "love" ElysiuN, but you spelled the name wrong!!! :)

Your right tho, that we have alot more people to ask questions that are not program specific, which is good, as well as people who use LW or something else browsing questions and such from the Blender world.

More 3D info at CGtalk is a good thing, and being a free program alot of people can find out about Blender here as well and start their addiction....i mean careers in 3D art!!! :)

Maybe someone should make a sticky topic for where to download Blender as well as links to Elysiun and other great learning sites.

Matt

Blend on, and blend well!!!

JamesMK
03-16-2003, 11:18 PM
We'll see what happens, right? I was already addicted to cgtalk since more than a month back, so thing only just got better :D

JA-forreal
03-17-2003, 10:53 PM
Humm how can we keep this forum active?

Well, we could post topics that show links to our artwork, or start disscussions about Blender workflows, personal Blender projects, Blender rendering disscussions, modeling tips and examples, animation tips and tutorials.

Blender tutorials of all knids.

Yafray hot tips, tutorials and examples.

Minus the worthless flame threads.

Apollux
03-18-2003, 10:57 PM
Sheep Factory, I noticed that attachment are enabled on the forum... does that mean that we are starting to convince you?
:shrug:

Apollux
07-18-2004, 05:38 AM
Hi Guys ,

This is a test run for Blender.

Its up to you guys to keep this forum active. if it dies down it'll be removed.

happy posting everyone :)

Ali

Just realised (quite late) that we have been more than a year around CGTalk... so I revived this old thread to remember our history to the new blenderheads.

THIS thread was the first even thread on the forum, and the forum itself was opened pretty much as the result of this other thread: http://www.cgtalk.com/showthread.php?t=47700

:applause:

CGTalk Moderation
01-14-2006, 03:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.