PDA

View Full Version : Character rig: Correct one side, incorrect other.

Halogen
05-27-2007, 03:00 AM
Hey there.

This question has probably been asked many times before, i did a few searches but i can't seem to find a solution that works.

What i have is a basic character, rigged up with a smooth bind. After painting the weights in, the right arm works fine without affecting parts of the body/head that it shouldnt, but the other deforms the head when moved. The head is a seperate mesh from the body but is part of the same smooth bind. Even if i make it seperate, the left arm still deforms it.

I read about being able to mirror painted weights, something about selecting vertices of both sides and going to the mirror tool in edit smooth skin. Do i select the vertices on the mesh (ie right click > vertices > select with select tool)? Every time i try and do this it selects the bones/ik rig. Am i doing this right?

And another thing i notice, even though the head object is part of the same skin bind as the body, when painting weights, it only shows shoulder bones and head bones, so i am unsure if any other bones are affecting the head deformation...

Hope i have explained my problem clearly!

Cheers,

Jarrad

Halogen
05-27-2007, 10:44 AM
nevermind... i just converted it into one mesh and did it that way

CGTalk Moderation
05-27-2007, 10:44 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.