PDA

View Full Version : re: Duncan's curvature mel script - colorAtPoint

darktding
05-26-2007, 03:34 PM
I like the results of Duncan's curvature mel script found on highend3d (http://www.highend3d.com/maya/downloads/mel_scripts/modeling/misc/curvatureTexture-279.html).
Problem is when I do get the result I need; I cannot seem to use the value for particle emission. It seems to lock the uv values to only the edge of the nurbs surface. I am attaching a sample scene file for the curious. If you play the scene you will see particles generated at only one side even though the curvature ramp is connected to it.
Anyways to overcome this problem?
Thanks in advance for the help

ps: the script is also in the notes section of the nurbs surface...

Duncan
05-30-2007, 04:36 PM
This is not a true texture but rather a mel expression based texture, thus you can't simply plug it into particle emission. However you can bake the texture to a file texture and then use the file texture for particle emission. (the file texture will also render faster)

Duncan

darktding
05-30-2007, 05:18 PM
thanks duncan, you are right I was going to take the baking texture route but thought of asking before someone knew the solution. The curvature script is still very interesting and thanks for putting it up on highend...
Cheers

CGTalk Moderation
05-30-2007, 05:18 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.