PDA

View Full Version : mutli-pass rendering

stephen2002
03-16-2003, 04:43 PM
Ok, I am looking to do some multiple-pass rendering of a single scene. The big problem is that the textures/lights for pass 1 are completely different for pass 2. So what I did is made 2 scene files with duplicates of all of the objects but with their own lights/textures. However, I don't know how to transfer the camera postion between the files without manually copying the values.

There must be a better way. I eagerly await enlightenment.

Julez4001
03-16-2003, 04:53 PM
Go to flat.com and do a search for camera int he plugins section
Dstorm has Load camera from Scene

Imports camera

Arte
03-16-2003, 05:13 PM
Originally posted by stephen2002
Ok, I am looking to do some multiple-pass rendering of a single scene. The big problem is that the textures/lights for pass 1 are completely different for pass 2. So what I did is made 2 scene files with duplicates of all of the objects but with their own lights/textures. However, I don't know how to transfer the camera postion between the files without manually copying the values.

There must be a better way. I eagerly await enlightenment.

With Fusion I can render with UV's and various buffers and change/adjust textures, lights etc in post. I'll do a tutorial on this soon as it is very powerful.

Not sure about this but I suspect the new Film gimp might be able to help out if you are on a budget as it seems it can do this too.

X

E_Moelzer
03-16-2003, 05:56 PM
Hey Stephen
Select your camera, then go to file- save motion- file and save your camera- motion, then load it for the camera in your other scene...
CU
Elmar

stephen2002
03-16-2003, 06:13 PM
the camera importer was what I was looking for, thanks!

Here is the URL if anybody is interested, it's near the bottom of the page:
http://www.mindspring.com/~anthonyramirez/LScript/LScript.htm

Saving the motion should work as well. Thanks for the tips.

CGTalk Moderation
01-14-2006, 04:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.