View Full Version : Jon Finger Demo Reel

mojokdirector
05-26-2007, 05:02 AM
Tell me what you guys think:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w-xrChWPqfo

cgmadvin
05-26-2007, 09:04 AM
hi,

you have alot on your reel, what are you aiming for?
your logo and backing track is nice, maybe you need to label your work to break down whats it is you have done and what the different pieces are for.

mojokdirector
05-26-2007, 06:45 PM
Thanks, I will do that. By the way do you know if there is a way to replace a video on you tube or do I have to get a new web address every time I upload.

cgmadvin
05-26-2007, 09:01 PM
im sorry Jon, i have'nt got a clue, how to replace vids on you tube. i will need to know as i will be posting my work in soon. if you do find out let me know.

all the best

vineet

cooperunionstud
05-26-2007, 09:29 PM
i think the live action stuff is a bit amature looking, I am not sure what i was looking at, did you shoot it? or were you in it? or both? also i would consider cutting everything down. keep the stuff that is polished. leave the unfinished stuff out. The music is also worth revisiting. its a bit bland.

mojokdirector
05-27-2007, 04:36 AM
Thanks, well I am an amateur but I guess I should wait on the live action until I have something I am really happy with. All of this stuff is directed, edited, or just made by myself except the music (I'm not in any of it). Iím kind of making this stuff up as Iím going along so I donít know how much of my stuff will look polished to you guys. Thanks for all the great comments; itís really helping me figure out how to pull this together better. Any thoughts on what I should work more on to add to the film to make it more intriguing?

LiannaS
05-28-2007, 01:44 AM
but I certainly agree with cooper, cutting out some of the not-so-strong stuff would do wonders for your reel. I was pretty darned confused too...what field are you trying to get into? I noticed you had clips of video, animation, models, graphic design work and all manner of random stuff in here. You ought to pick one specialty and polish that work until it shines. Right now it just seems like you're trying to do it all and it doesn't quite come across. If you are really wanting to be a jack of all trades, at least label what each clip is of (ie: skull modelled and animated by me) so that it's clear what YOU did. Also, unless that mojo studio is for real, don't put that name on your demo reel. YOUR name is the one that counts.

mojokdirector
05-29-2007, 07:00 AM
Yea I guess I don't really have a specific field I want to go into. I try to have as many skills as I can at my disposal so I can pull projects together quickly. Or at least be able to communicate with whoever else I am working with as far what we are doing. To bad this isn't the matrix. I would love to just download all these skills. I probably should focus more on one then the others so I am actually valuable.

CGTalk Moderation
05-29-2007, 07:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.