PDA

View Full Version : Using external MEL editor on Mac

gudbjargarson
05-25-2007, 06:03 PM
Hello everybody.

I want to use my prefered text editor TextMate to edit MEL scripts. Is it possible to use external editors with Maya on Mac without the need to copy and past code between the text editor and Maya script editor? All information would be appreciated.

kattkieru
05-26-2007, 12:36 AM
I use TextMate. Just save the script in your user script directory, or make a project, set the project, and save the script into the project's "mel" folder. If you don't know where your user script directory is, type:

internalVar -usd

into that little command line on the bottom left of the Maya window, and it'll print the information in the script console.

If you haven't already you'll want to grab the textmade MEL bundle, which (I think) is only available by copying the tree through CVS. The information's on their site.

GiantG
05-26-2007, 01:07 AM
Use jedit!

Multi Platform Java Editor with mighty plugins

http://highend3d.com/maya/tutorials/using_tools_scripts/Configuring-jEdit-with-Maya-319.html

gudbjargarson
05-26-2007, 01:28 AM
Hello Kattkieru.

Thanks for your reply. I installed the MEL bundle but something seems to be wrong because it seems to be installed but doesn't appear in the bundles menu - do you know what could be wrong?

CGTalk Moderation
05-26-2007, 01:28 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.