PDA

View Full Version : Mental Ray Bathc Bake --> No Surface Shader

ossosso
05-25-2007, 11:26 AM
Hi everyone!
I've rendered a scene using mental ray and then Batch Bake, so in my scene I've a lot of objects, every objects has its own Surface Shader material with the baked texture on it.
All works correctly.

Now I need to export the whole scene into 3dsmax using the FBXplugin, but it doesn't support the Surface Shader, and so the geometries are exported but no the material with the texture on it, and it's quite tedious for me remapping all the material into 3dsmax.

There's a way (into Maya) to bake texture on a different shader like Blinn or Lambert and not on a Surface Shader?

Thank you very much.

Marlboro-Man
05-25-2007, 05:50 PM
when u bake something thru batch bake, ...maya pumps out a new network with a file node attached to the surface shader ( this is assuming u baked the info to texture and not to vertices ).

All u gotta do is take that file node in hypershader and disconnect it. Take a new blinn or lambert and assign it to your object. Then you take the file node and stick it into the " color " channel of the blinn. and that's it.

This is my process when i bake occlusion anyway.

Regards,

Marlboro

ossosso
05-25-2007, 07:51 PM
thank you very much,
yes.. this is a "manual" way, and if you have just few objects it could be fine, but in my case I've a lot of geometries: houses.. streets... cars... and so on, the scene is complex enough, and I was looking for another way before start to do all manually just how you said :)

Thank you very much anyway!

CGTalk Moderation
05-25-2007, 07:51 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.