PDA

View Full Version : Question about Combustion paint

yonathangz
05-25-2007, 10:17 AM
Hi,
I wanted to know if there's a way to edit a paint object while seeing other layres below?
Say I want to paint a black rectangle over a building in my footage, can't I do it directly?
Hope you understand my question...
thanks,
Yoni

DanGrover
05-25-2007, 01:49 PM
The best way is pretty much to paint over the original layer, then copy and paste the paint operator to a new layer. Then delete the original.

Bit of a roundabout way of doing it, but it's the best way I think.

yonathangz
05-25-2007, 02:53 PM
Cool! that would work...Thanks!

thatoneguy
05-25-2007, 08:31 PM
Or you can use the "compare tool" and move the split screen slider all the way over to the edge so that all you see is the other layer and or composite level.

yonathangz
05-27-2007, 11:39 AM
Thanks, I'll look into it.

yonathangz
06-03-2007, 05:42 PM
Hi, another two quick question -
1. Is there an equivalent to AE's "Adjusment Layer" in Combustion?
2. Can I use a b&w layer I made in photoshop as a luma-matte to another layer? (Again, like in ae)

Thanks,
Yoni

PiXeL_MoNKeY
06-03-2007, 07:57 PM
1) Not really though you can use selection operators to apply specific effects to certain areas and then a deselect operator for operators to effect everything below it. Ex any operators between a selection operator and a deselect operator only effects what is set in selection operator. Any operators on top of the deselect effects everything.
2) Stencil Layer, Alpha Arithmetic operator, or Set Matte operator should be able to handle this for you (Note: Set Matte replaces any alpha data).

-Eric

yonathangz
06-03-2007, 08:07 PM
Thanks for the quick reply. I just discovered the stencil layer, though it's always good to know other methods.

yonathangz
06-04-2007, 02:13 PM
Well, Here's another one -
I need to do some text animation though It's not a text operator, it's a rasterized text I created in photoshop.
Is there a way to animate each character seperatly with the same animation but different timing, without seperating them in to layers first in photoshop? In other words, I have a single layer I want to seperate to characters without doing it first in photoshop.

I read something about capsules, is that related?

Thanks in advance;
Yoni

CGTalk Moderation
06-04-2007, 02:13 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.