PDA

View Full Version : Rotoscoping problem

SimonGibson
05-24-2007, 11:57 PM
Hello,

Got 3/4 through rotoscoping some video and now when i move a point from the rotoscope it moves exponentially, the further i move the quicker it moves away from my curser :S

Anyone know how to solve this?

nB

*This layer scales up as if i were to be closer to the cam (flying cliche superman type)

Regards

Simon

dg
05-25-2007, 11:32 PM
This sounds like an old C* problem when your workspace get's corrupted in some way. You can try to go back to a previous saved version of your workspace case you have one, if you don't work in incremental saves check for your .bak files. If neither are options you can always try to find the problem opening your cws with an text editor but it will be really hard to locate the problem unless it's obvious and you're familiar on how C* writes stuff to workspace files (cws files are a real mess when it comes to reading).

A good and free thing to try is to reset your copy of C* deleting your .ini files, search this forum on how to do that, I'm sure I have answered this very same question before so as others.

But as far my experience with C* goes (since paint and effect) you're in pretty nasty situation where you probably will have to redo your roto from scratch all over again, but I hope to be wrong.

Hope it helps.

Cheers,

SimonGibson
05-26-2007, 03:43 PM
Thanks for the advice :)

hemmerli
05-27-2007, 09:50 AM
watch out for mismatched frame rate, like 23,98 fps footage and 24 fps comp settings.
often, this is a reason for the behaviour you described.

best,
rayk

CGTalk Moderation
05-27-2007, 09:50 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.