PDA

View Full Version : Pflow - hemisphere should meet another hemisphere

carstenbock
05-24-2007, 10:04 PM
Hi folks,
i don´t know how i could get the following problem solved. if got two different Pflow´s sending out two different instanced hemisphere objects. now while they are traveling along a path (speed by icon) beneth a object they should meet after a time one another on there flat side so that i get a sphere. the solution is not to kill the hemispheres as the audiance should see how they meet each other (it is a scientific visualisation). i hope that anybody of you gurus can help me as pflow newby :-).

thanks in advance for your fast reply !
carsten

BrandonD
05-24-2007, 11:30 PM
This sounds like something you'd be better off doing with objects and path constraints instead of particles.

carstenbock
05-25-2007, 12:24 PM
i thought about animating with objects and pathconstrains but it is pretty difficult to animate about 2000 objects in this way. so the question ist - is there any way to achieve it with particles ?

cheers
carsten

OlegB
05-25-2007, 02:28 PM
Definitely possible with Box#3 extension. It has a suboperator to find a closest particle-to-particle pair from two different particle systems. Once a couple of particles is connected, it can be excluded from the particle-to-particle search, so the other particles won't take to coupled pair into their own coupling consideration.

Thanks,
Oleg B.

carstenbock
05-31-2007, 11:50 AM
thanks oleg for the hint,
i downloaded the testbox from your site but now i´m more then ever confused about all those parameters an ins and out. its pretty amazing what someone could do but i didn´t get the first kick how the thinking structure behind is so i think i will not get the task managed :-(. do you have an advice for me how to solve the problem ?
thanks !
cheers
carsten

OlegB
05-31-2007, 01:21 PM
Carsten,

If you want, I can design a solution for you (as a custom Data operator in Box#3) via Orbaz Services - http://www.orbaz.com/services/ - please let me know.

Thanks,
Oleg B.

CGTalk Moderation
05-31-2007, 01:22 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.