PDA

View Full Version : Baby-character progress

MaDeuce
03-16-2003, 06:58 AM
Havent had too much time to work on the baby this weekend but i wanted to get a thread started anyways

Recent changes include making the eyes more "puppy" like, enlared the irises and widened the mouth some. I have yet to make changes to the ear, which is an example of overdoing the details which sort of conteract the style

Kirt
03-17-2003, 08:34 AM
The eyes look much better now. :thumbsup:
That's a wierd view ... it really makes his face look slimmer.

MaDeuce
03-25-2003, 05:41 AM
Sorry ive been gone for a little bit, I just moved apartments. Well I had some time today to redo the ear. I pretty much did it from scratch, this time representing the inner folds of the ear with just 1 bulgy fold, and smoothing out the rest as well. I hope this is simple enough or should it be really simple, like I just saw on Futurama? Also, it has a few rough edges looking this close, but im assuming the camera wont get this close, and i feel the geometry is optimized in this area as it is, but let me know if i can change the shape at all

Kirt
03-25-2003, 07:04 AM
Ear looks good. :thumbsup:
We won't get that close to his head. Is this guy done then? Ready for rig and textures? :bounce:

MaDeuce
03-25-2003, 06:25 PM
Im just doing the little hairs next and gonna start laying out the UVs when I get home. Im also gonna post a compairason of the old and new face to make sure we got the features how we want them. The mouth is wider but not as wide as the iries(but the irises were enlarged too.) I also gave the lower lip a bit more shape cause he was staring to look like a muppet with the wider mouth. I got a question about PLE too but ill post that in the general area. And ill post the baby faces around 4 oclock your time.

MaDeuce
03-26-2003, 12:48 AM
old baby on right

MaDeuce
03-26-2003, 03:41 AM
check tha hair too

MaDeuce
03-26-2003, 03:42 AM
oops, here

Kirt
03-26-2003, 04:54 AM
When you made the mouth bigger, did you pull the corners straight out? It looks like you lost a little bit of the peak on the upper lip. Maybe you didn't move the corners of the mouth towards the back of his head to account for the contour of his face?

If you could fix that you'll be done modelling. Outstanding work MaDeuce! :thumbsup:

MaDeuce
03-28-2003, 05:43 PM
Ok i fixed the mouth and it looks a lot better now, ill post it soon, but right now ive been busy laying out the UVs. Im quite new to the texturing aspect of 3d and im assuming their will be minimal texturing required for this little bugger(i.e. fingernails, lips w/ specularity, etc., but I am laying out UVs for the WHole character anyways coz im treating this part as a learning experience. Im almost done with the upper half, except the ears. Well I just wanted to post something to show that Im still enthusiastic. Good luck everybody, keep at it.

Kid-Mesh
04-23-2003, 04:31 AM
Bang up job on the model... good deal :thumbsup:

CGTalk Moderation
01-14-2006, 04:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.