PDA

View Full Version : Making particles have random turbulance...

southernboy
05-23-2007, 09:13 PM
Hey everyone. I have an effect I'm trying to achieve....Basically I've set up my Pflow system and have the particles moving the way I want them. All I want them to do now is wiggle/move around a bit as they are doing there assigned anim. I found only one post where someone was asking somewhat of the same thing, but couldn't get it to work with their solutions. Any help and suggestions are greatly appreciated!!

joconnell
05-23-2007, 10:22 PM
Wind and turbulense are definitely your best bets but the parameters can be a little bit sensitive - the scale parameter of the wind is the main one to go for, try values in between 0.2 and 0.001 going up and down in decimal places with turbulence set to around 5 and wind strength set to 0 to start. It's a very weird one to get used to and it's totally dependant on how big your scene is so unfortunately you gotta just fiddle.

lehmi
06-03-2007, 05:45 PM
there's also a part in the pflow help which describes how to make bubble motion.
They kind of use displaced pivots and add a rotation - it depends on your animation - but this could get you some interesting results too.

CGTalk Moderation
06-03-2007, 05:45 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.