PDA

View Full Version : FSB settings in BIOS

liumm
03-16-2003, 02:52 AM
Just out of curiosity:
Are the FSB settings ever represented by jumpers on the board or is it always in the BIOS?
Some motherboards don't have that settings in their BIOS.

Schwinnz
03-16-2003, 03:03 AM
If you can't see any way to change the FSB, which is normal depending of the card, you'll have to change it via the jumpers as you said. This can be done easily and all necessary documentation should be in your mobo manual.

GregHess
03-16-2003, 03:10 AM
liumm,

Depends on the motherboard. What model and designation are you working with?

liumm
03-16-2003, 03:10 AM
oh,I see.
Thanks alot!!:beer:

liumm
03-16-2003, 03:15 AM
Originally posted by GregHess
liumm,

Depends on the motherboard. What model and designation are you working with?

well,I don't have a particular one to ask.
Sometimes you can find FSB setttings in BIOS,but sometimes not in a different motherboard's BIOS.
So,like Schwinnz said,you can have the settings hidden or unhidden by playing with the jumpers,right?

GregHess
03-16-2003, 03:20 AM
Like I said...depends on the board.

Some boards have dip switches, jumpers, and bios settings.

Some boards can be hacked and tweaked to allow dip switches to be soldered on.

Some multipliers can be changed via soldering (without dip switches).

Some cpu's allow for multiplier changes on the cpu itself. (266 vs 333 etc)

Some boards, cpu's, and chipsets allow for No Modification or Tweaking Whatsoever.

liumm
03-16-2003, 03:24 AM
okay,I get it----all depends on motherboard.
Thanks Greg!!
:bounce:

elvis
03-16-2003, 03:52 AM
any reliable motherboard manufacturer these days will have a decent website with full specifications of all of their products. if you stick with name-brand manufacturers like abit, asus, epox, tyan, gigabyte, etc, etc it's easy enough to look up full infomation on the product before shelling out your hard earned cash. and that is always a good idea. :thumbsup:

CGTalk Moderation
01-14-2006, 04:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.