PDA

View Full Version : clamp/smoothStep/linStep nodes??

backwheelbates
05-23-2007, 05:52 PM
Hi there,

I've been doing some rigging using expressions(containing functions, and evaluated strings), that dont seem to get updated during playback because they dont actually contain 'direct' connections. Its probably a better idea to start rigging using nodes rather than expressions anyways. Im just wondering if there are nodes that perform similar functions to the clamp, smoothStep and linstep commands. As well as any other general advice about using nodes with rigging.

Thanks for the help!!

backwheelbates
05-23-2007, 11:12 PM
Well I tried adding dgdirty -a; to the bottom of one of my expressions which forces a scene re-evaluation. I don't think it's the most elegant way though. Does anyone know if theres a way to explicitly state what I would like to force to be evaluated?

Thanks!!

BTW,

Here is the code that evaluates fine for direct manipulation, but has problems evaluating during playback;

control_footZeus is a user animated control
helper_heelYcheck is constrained to another object(which is driven by an expression connected to control_footZeus)

float $footZeusTY = control_footZeus.translateY;
float $heelCheckY = helper_heelYcheck.translateY;

if($footZeusTY<=0){
helper_yOffset.translateY = 0;
}else{
helper_yOffset.translateY = `clamp 0 100 ($footZeusTY - $heelCheckY)`;
}

backwheelbates
05-24-2007, 12:41 AM
Finally Found the culprit. I just created an expression with the following;

dgdirty time1;

Now the expression evaluates under direct manipulation as well as in playback.

Cheers!!

CGTalk Moderation
05-24-2007, 12:41 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.