PDA

View Full Version : Pandoras box or "Messiah on a Mac"

Rotschopf81
05-23-2007, 12:52 PM
Hello everyone,

I know that topic isn't a loved one, but I am curios. I have an Intel based MacBook for quite a while now and I only bought it because I can run Windows (and therefor Messiah) on it. But, my Windows days are over, I really like OSX. So I wonder, is there a way to run Messiah on my Mac?

Well, of course, there is BootCamp, but like I said, I like my OSX and rebooting all the time is just annoying (believe me, I do that atm).
Another possibility is Parallels, but the Mouse gets totally crazy when you want to transform something.
So did anyone manage to run it on a Mac? Maybe trough programs like WINE or CROSSOVER?

Please let me know

Monika

khurrum_j
05-23-2007, 01:51 PM
Trust me, you are NOT alone in this. There are people still waiting.

For now, i'm afraid there is no way you can run M:S inside of OS X.

Parallels does not support 3d graphics...yet!

Crossover won't do you any good (read: It doesn't work in Crossover)

BootCamp is the only way.

I feel ya man!

KHURRUM

AlexK
05-23-2007, 06:43 PM
I feel ya man!

KHURRUM

She is a woman. ;)

A bird told me that a conversion to Mac OSX might not be a big deal. It just needs someone to funds pmg for a few days (two weeks?) to actually do the port. So if there is enough interest, there might actually be a way. Maybe we should do one of those funding thingies online where people sign in for and make a certain monetary offer?

khurrum_j
05-23-2007, 10:42 PM
I beg your pardon Monika. I was in a hurry so didnt notice your signature!

AlexK: Thats a good idea. If pMG is interested at all. It wouldnt hurt to have a poll or whatever. Count me in.

KHURRUM

webhead
10-27-2007, 03:58 AM
Found this thread and would like to keep it alive. I'm for a Mac version myself.

CGTalk Moderation
10-27-2007, 03:58 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.