PDA

View Full Version : texture creation with api/mel

caspermel
05-23-2007, 01:39 PM
Hi there;

I want to ask whether there is a way to create new surface textures(that is uv mapped textures or may be some other volume textures) using the maya api/mel. Or shall I use the color maps (to assign a new color to each vertice) instead of creating a new texture. Which one would be more realistic? ( or anyway am i mixing the terms color maps and texture concepts??, not sure even :(, but they should be different somehow )

Any ideas will be appreciated, look this, read this type of commands are also wellcome:).

Thanks ,
Melis :)

caspermel
05-23-2007, 02:52 PM
Hi again;
I thought that I am not clear enough, in the previous post.

So basically what I want to do is to create a new bitmap depending on the properties of the vertices of my model,polygon for example. Then assign shaders on my model and then export as a file texture.

The last step exporting as a file texture is possible as far as I understood. But I dont know anyting about the creation of the bitmap using the api. Actually I think that it is similar in concept of assigning colors(color map) to each vertex. Am I wrong?

And I want to ask that when we assign a color to vertices, does Maya normalizes the colors between the vertices for the face for example..

Thanks again;
Melis :)

CGTalk Moderation
05-23-2007, 02:52 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.