PDA

View Full Version : Viewport redraws inside "with redraw off"

Oogst
05-23-2007, 01:38 PM
I have quite a large exporter for the game I am working on and it fully works in MAXScript. Now to speed things up, I have put the code that starts the whole thing inside with redraw off(), so that the viewport is not updated during exporting. I am moving the slider around a lot during exporting, so this really saves some 80% of the time needed to export a level. Now the oddity is that at a specific point in my code is this line:

delete copiedObj

If this line is executed, then the viewport is redraw all the time. If I delete that line or if the line is never called, then the viewport is not redrawn. That seems quite odd to me and I have not been able to find any work around or something to get around it.

What can I do to solve this? (If no one knows a real solution, than getting position and rotation information from a node without having to change the slidertime might do the trick as well.)

Thanks in advance!

dutch_delight
05-23-2007, 02:03 PM
instead of using your 'with redraw off()'.... try this:

disableSceneRedraw()

function()
enableSceneRedraw()

Oogst
05-23-2007, 03:45 PM
Yes, I expected that to work, so I already tried them and they did not solve it either, unfortunately.

Blue
05-23-2007, 06:16 PM
(If no one knows a real solution, than getting position and rotation information from a node without having to change the slidertime might do the trick as well.)
at time X print $.pos -- where X is the queried frame number

Oogst
05-24-2007, 01:25 PM
Wow, that really increased the speed of my exporter! At time is also faster when with redraw off would have worked, because the slider itself is always updated. Thanks!

Blue
05-24-2007, 09:53 PM
Glad to hear it worked out well for you.

CGTalk Moderation
05-24-2007, 09:53 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.