PDA

View Full Version : Techiques for sky replacement

AWAKE
03-16-2003, 03:13 AM
Does anyone have some trade secrets on sky replacements? The footage I'm dealing with is relatively simple. It was shot on a beach on a greyblue day so the background is reasonably flat. I was wondering what are some moves you all know for that. I was thinking keyer, difference matte and matte tools. But I'm new at all this so I ask.

thanks.

Br0nZiLLa
03-16-2003, 10:08 PM
Maybe mask+track the background out..? Then replace the current background with a 3D generated one.
Im a compositing n00b...thats what i think..:)

dg
03-16-2003, 11:29 PM
Hi,

You can try to key them out, or generate a matte for the sky, like Bronzilla said you can also mask and track but I think would be a litlle more comlpicated. The technics may vary according to the footage scene.

Maybe you could post a frame for us, this way we can see what you are talking about and give you a better help.

See Ya!:thumbsup:

AWAKE
04-06-2003, 10:31 PM
Yeah...

I have some quick PS comps up top and one completed shot down at the bottom. (before the DIVX animation).

all of this is for a friend's film. Lots of work for no money.

http://jeffreybutlet.tripod.com/index.html

Alanbell
04-26-2003, 07:05 PM
You should be able to get a good key from that sky. depending on what you shot it with. If it's DV you might want to read some of the other posts about getting good keys from dv footage.

Regards
Alan Bell

CGTalk Moderation
01-14-2006, 04:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.