PDA

View Full Version : Problem with Max lights over Vue Terrain!

Horsepower
05-23-2007, 01:05 PM
I have made one simple test:
I have launched Vue 6 XStream plugin in Max, created one Terrain in Vue; In Max I have created one Box, created puttting one Max SpotLight (colored to red) over the Box and over a Vue Terrain.
Rendered with Max MentalRay default settings.
But just the Box is correctly illuminated! The Vue terrain is not illuminated at all!

I have also tried the Max Omni Light red colored: the terrain this time is illuminated to red, but the shadow casted by the Box, over the terrain, not appears correctly (the shadow appears as a hole, not red colored!). Also with Directional Light appears this strange effect.

1) Have I forgotten some parameters?
2) In Max, is it possible to use the standard Max lights over the Vue objects?
3) Or is it possible just to use "Vue lights" over Vue objects and over Max objects?

Hatrix
05-23-2007, 11:15 PM
mmmm not sure, try using OpenGL render engine in Max, Vue doesn't support 3D harware.

hope this helps

Horsepower
05-24-2007, 01:21 PM
mmmm not sure, try using OpenGL render engine in Max, Vue doesn't support 3D harware.

hope this helps

Mean you "OpenGL" for GraphicMode (switch Graphic Display Mode to OpenGL instead of Direct3D) or for the rendering?
For Graphic Mode, it must be used only OpenGL.
For renderer, Vue support only MentalRay renderer, not ScanlineRenderer, nothing other.

-What is OpenGL "render" engine in Max???
-Why "Vue doensn't support 3D hardware" ???
This is not true: it support only OpenGL acceleration hardware for preview and viewports display!
-You mean "Direct3D" Hardware? Yes, Vue doesn't support it.

Therefore: I use only OpenGL GraphicMode and MentalRay Renderer Engine.
But this problem still appears!

bruno021
05-24-2007, 11:28 PM
Seems I have the same problem here with Cinema4D. I'm contacting tech support.

CGTalk Moderation
05-24-2007, 11:28 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.