PDA

View Full Version : ERROR! "Invaild Texture Coordinates blah"


Xeroedge
05-23-2007, 11:06 AM
Hello!

Okay so I was busting out Mudbox today for the first time, and man it's crazy.
I have one problem though. I already made my UVs in Maya on one sheet before exporting it to Mudbox, but I get this error when I try to make a displacement map.

"Invaild Texture Coordinates on lowresh mesh"

Things I did that probably can't be wrong:
- I followed exact displacement map settings you should have in that tutorial around here.
- I froze transformations in maya / deleted all history
- Deleted everything but this model in maya before exporting
- I set everything to default in the OBJ export settings

I have a feeling maybe its my UV sets, or something stupid like that, but not sure what to do.. :\

Thanks for the help :]!

http://user.dccnet.com/Xeroedge/MechaGirl03.jpg

oglu
05-23-2007, 11:09 AM
may we see the uv set...

Xeroedge
05-23-2007, 11:14 AM
may we see the uv set...

Yes sir! One sec please :]

EDIT:
http://user.dccnet.com/Xeroedge/UVOut.gif

HERE it this

There is NO overlapping just to point that one.. I think it causes displacement problems later on no?.. just making sure everything is good, because it would suck to find out later on that it wont work.. = \

Xeroedge
05-24-2007, 12:37 AM
It can't be that I have a few tris, and n-gons in my model does it?
I'm pretty sure not...

Anyone got anything?

I would really like to work on my model, and finish it ASAP = [

The UVs load up in bodypaint alright... *cough*

earlyworm
05-24-2007, 03:09 AM
Check the shell for the foot down the very bottom hand corner is within the 0..1 space, that one UV is getting very close to negative tile space.

Other than that check that all polyfaces have been assigned UVs. Your UVs look fine so I'm not really sure what would be causing the problem.

Xeroedge
05-24-2007, 07:04 AM
Check the shell for the foot down the very bottom hand corner is within the 0..1 space, that one UV is getting very close to negative tile space.

Other than that check that all polyfaces have been assigned UVs. Your UVs look fine so I'm not really sure what would be causing the problem.

heh, thanks!

It turns out there was one little polygon that wasn't assigned. It's right below the finger nail
= [

I learned some things though, and managed to even fix up my model a bit, as there was 4 vertices that just needed to go. All in all I'm glad this happened, because if you just do everything right, you won't ever learn anything *shrug*

Thanks again .... time to MUDBOX!

CGTalk Moderation
05-24-2007, 07:04 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.