PDA

View Full Version : HDRI light linking

gaiaffect
05-22-2007, 01:09 PM
Hello all, and thanks in advance for any advice or helpful suggestions;

I am working on an architectural rendering of a simple residential house and would like to render ONLY the windows using an HDR image.
When I attempt to light link the MentalRaylbl node to the window shaders/geometry I get the error: light linking ignored.

In the posted image I used several spot lights with a sky image attached to the color node as a workaround. The Bkgd image is photoshop applied.

The reason for this is to put reflections only on the windows, when the hdri illuminates everything i get colors where I don't want them. Any other techniques are much appreciated!

I was wondering if anyone could shed some light!

thank you
sry for the rediculous pun!

btw, thanks to living3d for the past suggestions.

lephino
05-22-2007, 04:15 PM
You could always throw your ibl node and your windows into their own render layer, and then setup the rest of the scene in it's own render layer with the lighting you'd like. What your running into is the ibl node has two options, creating light, and then final gathering. Other options would to be shutting off the final gathering option for the ibl node, just check the box "visible in final gather" and the ibl node will no longer light the scene, but it will be used as reflections. If your reflections are too hot then you can click the adjust environment color effects and turn down the color gain. Hope that helps,

Brian

CGTalk Moderation
05-22-2007, 04:15 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.