PDA

View Full Version : point of a cluster

tymznd
03-15-2003, 10:23 PM
Is there a way to find out what points are contained in a cluster?

wrend
03-16-2003, 02:23 PM
does entering mebership tool show you? if not find the set for the cluster and they are listed there, can select set members for visual ref. proabably query the cluster for members too, or the set if that fails. or go into component editor and find it listered under weighted deformers..or clusters, whatever!

tymznd
03-16-2003, 06:02 PM
thanks for the reply.

...what I meant was through scripting. I am creating clusters for single points and I found myself first thinking that I should create a set to hold each point and then run a script to create clusters based on the sets.... BUT.... then I realized that since clusters create a set upon execution I realized that I was probably creating redundant information.

But I am now OK with selecting the set through the script and using the "ls -sl" to get the info... just thought there would be a quicker way to say "give me the point(s) for this cluster"?

wrend
03-18-2003, 04:11 AM
yuh, shoulda figured you wanted mel considering this is in mel forum!

not at my workstatn, so dont know if you can directly query the cluster node, but if you cant, just chase the conexn to the deformer set to get its name, then query it for its members.

CGTalk Moderation
01-14-2006, 03:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.