PDA

View Full Version : Seperate Animated Screen

ohknats
05-21-2007, 08:08 PM
Is there a way for me to comp a seperate animation, say to an animated monitor from Maya in After Effects? I know in Cinema4D this can be done, where you can export the 3D data into After Effects and assign a texture or an animation to that node. I'm not quite sure about the exact terminology though.

Hamburger
05-22-2007, 04:05 AM
I think the best way would be to render out using different passes.

I'm not sure exactly what you want to do, but from what I gather, you'd want to render out the monitor as a separte pass and then comp it in with the rest of the scene using After Effects. If you want to change what's on the monitor you only have to change that little part of the scene as the rest of the scene doesn't have to change. I hope this helps.

ohknats
05-22-2007, 04:41 PM
Thanks for the reply, I get what your saying, but here's the deal. It's a rotating monitor I made with camera movements in the scene, not static, therefore, the perspective/angle of what is being displayed on this monitor is changing. I know that you can place an animated sequence or QT as a texture on the screen, but I thought in AE I could get more control, and or switch out what is being displayed easier, like I've seen in C4D.

techmage
05-22-2007, 08:41 PM
This will let you map a video to your screen in post
http://www.revisionfx.com/products/remap/overview/

If you have fusion 5.1 it has a node that has this same functionality built in under Deep Pixel > Texture

CGTalk Moderation
05-22-2007, 08:41 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.